Silversea Water Cooler: Welcome! Part Two

CC Help Michell

Morning all! Frost is on the pumpkins this morning - it's -1 C right now. Furnace is just booting up. BRRRRR

Very cool box J! Do you know what kind of wood it is? It looks like the base and the box are carved from one slab of wood. There does not appear to be a "joining" between them.

Good Morning Coolers ...... very quiet here ..... everyone must be on strike! Nice piccies Terry. You may remember my obession with all things wood (eg that chair .... and I saw this rather rustic box on ebay which I had to have for wifey. It was made in Bali. It is the sort of thing you have to keep touching. Jeff

Appreciate Jeff's nice comment on my London/OSU pictures. More and varied pictures to come from me!! Nice pictures of your rustic wood piece from Bali. In both my study and our family room, we have a large number of tables and cherry custom made for us in Ohio's Amish Country. Great craft work and finishes, especially when done with cherry wood that has such nice warmth and character.

Below are a couple of my fall visual samples from last weekend when we had family visiting from Virginia and Kansas, including the two grandsons.

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

Did a June 7-19, 2011, cruise from Barcelona that had stops in Villefranche, ports near Pisa and Rome, Naples, Kotor, Venice and Dubrovnik. Dozens of nice visuals with key highlights, tips, comments, etc. We are now at 206,026 views for this live/blog re-cap, including much on wonderful Barcelona. Check these postings and added info at:

http://www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1426474

Here are a couple of "fall samples" from last weekend in Central Ohio. First, a couple of bike riders in the major park right near our home as we took our two grandsons there to play and enjoy the wonderful fall weather. Second is at our home with the arrangement of mums, pumpkins at our front door.:

Oct2015PixsA6_zpsbyh8v27x.jpg

Oct2015PixsA7_zps7sspu8bx.jpg

Edited by TLCOhio

Happy Halloween all!😈

Agree with you Jeff, some things just call out your name and beckon for you to touch them.

The box is an example. A special thing.

Can you divine it's past with your hands? Or just imagine where it's been...

The fall photos are wonderful. I made apple butter yesterday and the house filled with appley cinnamon magic smells.

Lovely autumn and pumpkin pics Terry......I've got some small bags of ghost sweets for the kids tricking and treating later...but no pumpkin this year.....S [emoji5]

spinnaker2: Happy Halloween all! The fall photos are wonderful. I made apple butter yesterday and the house filled with appley cinnamon magic smells.

Appreciate the nice comments on the fall visuals. Below are some more from the two grandsons being here last weekend from Virginia. Had wonderfully nice fall weather. Lots of good food and fun. More pictures soon. Any cute looks with our grandsons come from my wife's side of the family.

YES' date=' for Happy Halloween![/i'] In America, lots of the TV shows have done special "dress up" segments featuring their personalities doing various "themes" and highlights tied to Halloween.

From our Jan. 25-Feb. 20, 2015, Amazon River-Caribbean combo sailing over 26 days that started in Barbados, here is the link below to that live/blog. Lots of great visuals from this amazing Brazil river and these various Caribbean Islands (Dutch ABC's, St. Barts, Dominica, Grenada, etc.) that we experienced. Check it out at:

http://www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2157696

Now at 31,675 views for these postings.

From being at the park/children's play area last weekend, here are some samples of the two grandsons, ages three and five. Fun!! This also included in-laws visiting from Kansas, etc.:

Oct2015PixsA1%201_zps5iwsulri.jpg

Oct2015PixsA3_zpsfwxruyzp.jpg

Oct2015PixsA4_zpskssb6bgr.jpg

Oct2015PixsA2%201_zpsucyfmoyt.jpg

Oct2015PixsA5_zpsksrfwuph.jpg

J...That dish looks divine! :) The wood in that box is very appealing. The character of the wood is amazing. Could it be suar? Also called Rain Tree. It is a poplular wood in Bali. Here is a link to some bowls made from suar. They look a little like the box.

http://www.pizitzhomeandcottage-style.com/2014/08/14/currently-coveting/

Terry....Your grandkids are ADORABLE!

Terry....Your grandkids are ADORABLE!

Appreciate that our friend from Canada has such great eyesight and wisdom!!! Plus, being a person of such high class, great taste and wonderful judgment to make these generous comments about our two grandsons. It was fun having them at home, plus our son from Virginia and my wife's two family members from Kansas. The Kansas visitors left early this am on their way back home to that state in the middle of America.

If Venice is one of your future desires or past favorites, look at this earlier posting for many options and visual samples this city that is so great for "walking around", personally seeing its great history and architecture. This posting is now at 55,230 views.

Venice: Loving It & Why??!!

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1278226

Mark if that took "side of bacon" costume took first prize I shudder to think what the other costumes were. EEEEEK! It was good for a giggle though! :)

Maybe the theme for the ball was 17th century British politicians.

There was also Francis Bacon the British artist who sometime use to buy drinks in Muriels in Soho. Some of the time he didn't know he was buying drinks. His tryptic I think was the highest price ever paid for a painitng at the time it was auctioned.

If you can ever lay your hands on the BBC podcast "Jeffrey Bernard is Unwell" it is one of the finest "accounts" of that period in Soho and should bring tears to anyone who listens to it. It mentions both Francis Bacon and the Famous Muriel Belcher as well as other Soho notables.

You can't beat a bacon sandwich.

Jeff

Don't ask me to explain this one, but here's First Lady Jackie Kennedy in her 1962 Halloween costume. She seems to be on the White House steps.

Hard to believe that this picture really was Jackie O. She was so highly styled!! This picture looks like she's just wearing a black plastic trash bag to cover up her face and upper body. Not very classy and/or French!!

Food? Below are some pictures from last weekend when family were visiting from Kansas and Virginia for my birthday celebration, etc. Dinner? Here is part of what my Kansas brother-in-law cooked up on the grill with a great cut of beef, shrimp, etc., etc. Need picture proof? See below!! Like?

Enjoyed a 14-day, Jan. 20-Feb. 3, 2014, Sydney to Auckland adventure, getting a big sampling for the wonders of "down under” before and after this cruise. Go to:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1974139

for more info and many pictures of these amazing sights in this great part of the world. Now at 125,159 views for this posting.

Last weekend's dinner included some wine from a California producer that we enjoyed very much on our Silver Cloud cruise earlier this year. Wonderful shrimp on the grill!! Here is the beef being cut by my Kansas brother-in-law who picked and grilled it. Plus, some greens and baked potato treats. Finally, sweet carrot cake and ice cream options. Good? Yes!!:

Oct2015PixsA4%201_zpsskr0qvvt.jpg

Oct2015PixsA8_zpstebkgdax.jpg

Oct2015PixsA5%201_zpsjjammce9.jpg

Oct2015PixsA6%201_zpswejn5k72.jpg

Oct2015PixsA7%201_zpsjxjisvyd.jpg

Oct2015PixsA3%201_zpsq0wc6u7p.jpg

Food pictures are great Terry! Yummy, yummy! We really enjoy Bogle Petite Sirah! Almost impossible to find here though.

Appreciate the great tip on that type of Bogle wine. Below is the one Bogle wine that we had on the Silver Cloud cruise in February. Will be on the look out for the Bogle Petite Sirah!

For details and visuals, etc., from our July 1-16, 2010, Norway Coast/Fjords/Arctic Circle cruise experience from Copenhagen on the Silver Cloud, check out this posting. This posting is now at 188,434 views.

http://www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1227923

Here's the Bogle wine that we enjoyed on the Silver Cloud earlier this year. More types of their wine that need to be tried and tested! Hard work, but somebody must take on these challenges.:

Oct2015PixsA9_zpshfwv5dnk.jpg

Hard to believe that this picture really was Jackie O. She was so highly styled!! This picture looks like she's just wearing a black plastic trash bag to cover up her face and upper body. Not very classy and/or French!!

According to the site the picture came from, it was a garment bag that she cut holes in.

According to the site the picture came from, it was a garment bag that she cut holes in.

Appreciate Mark's great, added info regarding Jackie O. BUT, my question is . . . whether it was a garment bag designed by a famed French house of fashion. Cute, interesting picture!!

Her chic sensibility was well-known, but her obsession with pricy French couture caused father-in-law, Joseph Kennedy, to help link Jackie with American-based designer Oleg Cassini. Hard to run for U.S. President if you are too involved with just costly French designers.

THANKS for posting! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

Did a June 7-19, 2011, cruise from Barcelona that had stops in Villefranche, ports near Pisa and Rome, Naples, Kotor, Venice and Dubrovnik. Dozens of nice visuals with key highlights, tips, comments, etc. We are now at 206,045 views for this live/blog re-cap, including much on wonderful Barcelona. Check these postings and added info at:

http://www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1426474

Yes... who stole our daylight? On the other hand, only 7 weeks until the winter solstice, and then the days start getting longer, so we will try to hold on until then!

Somewhat busy weekend. Yesterday we did a long walk then went out for dinner and a movie to avoid the Halloween crowds. Today we did some outdoor work to get ready for winter. Changed water in the hot tub, brought outdoor stuff inside, made pizza for dinner, and in a few minutes we'll have to clean the fish tank. There were a few minutes of sunshine today, but sad to say, this darkness has me ready for bed soon!

G'Day Coolers,

So the usual winter weather is already causing problems with the UK being under the cover of fog and aircraft grounded...gawd help us when the snow arrives!!

A very quiet Halloween weekend with no trick or treaters....our village does more for Guy Fawkes night so guess next weekend may be busier...not looking forward to that as pup is already in melt down mood with the early dark nights...and every time he hears a bang shoots under the coffee table....I've ordered a plug in calming device which will hopefully work!

Starting now to pre order the Christmas goodies.....DD is doing all the entertaining this year...I'll just make sure she is well stocked up! [emoji6]

Happy Monday

Sophia [emoji4]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk