Best of Breakaway in 10 words or less!!!

RIvacationgirl

Now that my summer traveling is coming to a close, I am looking forward to my Breakaway cruise in April. It will be our first time sailing on one of the supersize ships.

I thought it might be fun to get some input in a different way. Give me your best thoughts, tips, ideas and observations in 10 words or less in regards to the NCL Breakaway.

Thank you for all of your feedback!:)

Vibe, Rock of Ages, buckets of beers.

Edited by Winston Wolf

No, I got that part of it, but thank you anyway. I was just curious why the poster I originally quoted suggested seeing Rock of Ages during an At Sea day rather than a port day. I'm just curious what the difference would be.

I'd prefer a Sea Day for RoA too. Partly because you'd have to rush back to the ship early to clean up and get ready for the show, and since BA docks for 2.5 days, it takes away from activities you could be doing in Bermuda at that time.

Check out my Breakaway review with pictures below my signature. (That's 10 words LOL)

Just read your entire review of the Breakaway - great job - loved all the pictures. I am seriously contemplating getting to the port early so we can buy the Vibe passes, based on your review. We were on the Breakaway last year in April and it was hard to find chairs. I am figuring since we are traveling in August with (hopefully) warm sunny weather, the Vibe will be a great perk to our trip.

How about 10 bullets or less :)

1. Waterfront
  2. Great spa (therapy pool and heated chairs)
  3. The staff!!!
  4. Splash Academy (my son loved going)
  5. Dancing with the Breakaway Stars - very funny
  6. Howl at the Moon - grab a drink and sing along
  7. Fat Cat's
  8. Ropes course
  9. Water slides
  10. Cagney's & LeBistro

Horseshoe Beach, Bermuda

Mushroom soup at Le Bistro

Shrimp cocktail at Cagneys

Free noodle bar

Dining on the waterfront

Slides

H2O

Omelettes in the buffet

Great entertainment

Mango madness drink

Toasted almond drink

Rack of lamb at Le Bistro

Escargots at Le Bistro

Massages

Spa

Fireworks

Not sure they do the fireworks anymore!

How about 10 bullets or less :)

1. Waterfront
  2. Great spa (therapy pool and heated chairs)
  3. The staff!!!
  4. Splash Academy (my son loved going)
  5. Dancing with the Breakaway Stars - very funny
  6. Howl at the Moon - grab a drink and sing along
  7. Fat Cat's
  8. Ropes course
  9. Water slides
  10. Cagney's & LeBistro

Wow! Looking at your signature I guess you like the Breakaway!

1. Lobster Roll from Ocean Blu on the Water Front. (Only open for several hours in the afternoon and only on sea days...check your daily)

2. If you go to the spa for a treatment...don't accept room #15 as it's directly below the weight room and shakes and booms with every weight being dropped on the floor above.

More than the allotted words...but I couldn't help it! :o

1. Lobster Roll from Ocean Blu on the Water Front. (Only open for several hours in the afternoon and only on sea days...check your daily)

2. If you go to the spa for a treatment...don't accept room #15 as it's directly below the weight room and shakes and booms with every weight being dropped on the floor above.

More than the allotted words...but I couldn't help it! :o

I usually go to the spa for a treatment- so this is very helpful. I wouldn't want my "drooling" to be interrupted during my massage! :p:p:p

It's not so much the "things" ( although it has great things), for me Breakaway is more about a "feel". It has a fun, cool, hip, lively peesonality. You just feel like having fun on her. Great vibe.

After looking at some of the videos of the Breakaway, I think I can understand what you are talking about. I looks fresh and new. Thank you!

• 2 weeks later...

RIvactiongirl, sorry to change the topic but I saw on a previous post I was reading that you have taken Academy bus. How long has it been since you used them? I don't know if I should drive or take academy. My cruise leaves on a Friday and the breakaway is still out so I'm worried about all parking being fill. The other option is academy, and all I can find about them is negative. I have never been so indecisive in my life! So if you can tell me about your experience I would appreciate it.

Good morning fellow Rhode Islander!

We used Academy on our first cruise in 2012. We had a very good experience. We will most probably be using them again this April. They have changed the route now, we had picked them up in Pawtucket. But now they go to Green Airport, and the last time I checked they only had four stops along the way to New York. For us, as soon as we gave them our bags and got on the bus we were "on vacation". It was a reasonable price and they were on time.

I am not sure about the parking situation in NYC, but I believe I have read there is usually enough parking. We have never driven.

Good Luck, and tell me about the Breakaway when you come back!

Good morning fellow Rhode Islander!

Good Luck, and tell me about the Breakaway when you come back!

Thanks for the Info RIvacationgirl! I am just going to go ahead and book the bus, and let my hubby sit back and relax for the trip to NY and back. And I'm going to stop over thinking this and just enjoy :D

I was on the BA a few years ago (my Nov cruise will be on the Gem), Make sure to visit Howl at the Moon...great time. And make sure to attend the parties that have in the evening in H20. We missed them on the BA because by the time they would have them in the evening I would be too tuckered out to attend. But last year on the Getaway I made sure I made it, and we had a blast.