Upgrades do happen to Aussies

Thankyou Royal Caribbean Crown & Anchor Society.

We have just received a free upgrade to a GS on Legend of the Seas for next months cruise. Woohoo:D

I often read that us Aussies rarely receive upgrades or get price changes honoured, so this is a really nice suprise, especially since i purchased this cruise as a gift to my wife.

Hugh

Platinum on Princess and last year booked a balcony for Round Australian on the Diamond. Upgraded to a full suit. All the little extras were just wonderful especially the laundry. Thank you Princess.

:D

Edited by happysnapper
typo

Platinum on Princess and last year booked a balcony for Round Australian on the Diamond. Upgraded to a full suit. All the little extras were just wonderful especially the laundry. Thank you Princess.

That'd be nice for us.

That's fantastic for you, especially as it was a special booking. Can I ask what your original booking category was?

No doubt you will have a fabulous time.

We originally booked an aft JS which of course in itself we were very happy with.

I thought i would opt for an auto upgrade on the loyalty profile and see what happens.

Today i received an updated booking invoice that showed the new cabin number. The covering email did not explain that this was an upgrade. It was just a generic email. I then checked my reservation on the website (direct booking) and it also showed the new cabin which is definitely a GS in a preferred location.

The only risk in an auto upgrade is that you could get a cabin in a non preferred location.

Anyway, we can explore both loyalty lounges:D

Hugh

We originally booked an aft JS which of course in itself we were very happy with.

I thought i would opt for an auto upgrade on the loyalty profile and see what happens.

Today i received an updated booking invoice that showed the new cabin number. The covering email did not explain that this was an upgrade. It was just a generic email. I then checked my reservation on the website (direct booking) and it also showed the new cabin which is definitely a GS in a preferred location.

The only risk in an auto upgrade is that you could get a cabin in a non preferred location.

Hugh

Where do you find this loyalty upgrade, I've never seen it.

Thanks

Where do you find this loyalty upgrade, I've never seen it.

Thanks

During your first (or subsequent) cruise with RCI join there Crown & Anchor Society loyalty program.

When you go to your members Area there is an Upgrade Preferences link where you can elect to have an auto upgrade or apply conditions etc.

You can see the Crown & Anchor tab on the the normal home page of RCI.

Not sure how Celebrity works but the benefits are linked.

Hugh

During your first (or subsequent) cruise with RCI join there Crown & Anchor Society loyalty program.

When you go to your members Area there is an Upgrade Preferences link where you can elect to have an auto upgrade or apply conditions etc.

Hugh

I'm stupid just ignore me, I was thinking Princess.

Well done. I keep looking at my upcoming cruise and I see that my cabin class (balcony) is very popular and almost sold out and keep hoping they will offer upgrades (plenty of suites still available) to those already in the cabins to make space for new bookings. Wishful thinking, right?

Well done. I keep looking at my upcoming cruise and I see that my cabin class (balcony) is very popular and almost sold out and keep hoping they will offer upgrades (plenty of suites still available) to those already in the cabins to make space for new bookings. Wishful thinking, right?

Not wishful thinking at all, that's where upgrades come from. When a lower category is sold out.

Good luck. One can only hope.

In my case there were no Junior Suites available so i would suggest that space was made available by upgrading. I wonder who got the Owners Suite?

Hugh

Except that it's not working at the moment. :cool:

Congrats Hugh & Chris.:)

We have received free upgrades twice.

Balcony to JS, and JS to RFS.:D

We have just received a free upgrade to a GS on Legend of the Seas for next months cruise. Woohoo:D

I often read that us Aussies rarely receive upgrades or get price changes honoured, so this is a really nice suprise, especially since i purchased this cruise as a gift to my wife.

Hugh

How wonderful for you both. Great score.:D

Hugh

Congratulations Hugh - you and Chris deserve it:)

Say hi to Luca in the CL for me and have a great time.

Cheers

Di

Hugh

Just wondering which cruise on the Legend that you are on.

That is very good news for sure Hugh! You will love having a choice of 2 lounges, and on Legend they both look like they are in nice locations.

It seems to me that upgrades to a suite are more likely if you have purchased a more expensive cabin to start with. It gets down to maths. You have less JS cabins than normal balconies, and they are better off to upgrade a JS to a GS, a balcony to a JS and so on down the line. Then they please more people with the upgrades. But if you have an interior, then your chance of being part of that chain is less due to the number of insides that can be considered. That is how I see it.

Also if you sail out of school holidays/Christmas times. Those trips are more likely to be sold out anyhow.

When we got our "upsell" they offered several people on our trip an upgrade from a JS to a GS for $300 on a 14 night trip. Totally worth it. And it was a mix of diamonds, newbies, direct bookings and TA bookings.