Taxis from FLL to Port Everglades

mabelcat

We are a family of 6 (plus luggage), do they have van taxis from the Airport to the pier available to carry all of us, or will we have to order one and wait.

What about when getting off the ship.... our flight is 1:50 pm, is it easy to find a taxi at the pier.

Should I order a car service instead?

We are heading out on the Oasis, August 29th

You will have no problem getting a van taxi at airport. Just follow sign to taxi stand and there will be someone there to get you the right size taxi that are all lined up outside each terminal.

Edited by brenderlou

You will have no problem getting a van taxi at airport. Just follow sign to taxi stand and there will be someone there to get you the right size taxi that are all lined up outside each terminal.

You'll also have no trouble getting a taxi at Port Everglades for the return trip to FLL....This is one of the easiest airports/ports to travel to and from.

Any other questions you might have just post them on the Florida board and you'll get lots of help.

Enjoy your cruise !

From the airport, walk out the door after you get your luggage and turn left. Lotsa taxi's waiting for you ! Same thing when you get off he cruise. Leave the terminal, turn left, hundreds of taxi's ! It should only be around $12 each way so if you have to take two, its not that expensive !

I can't speak to the laws in Florida for taxis and car seats, but the distance is less than 2 miles from the port to the airport and I would feel safe enough taking a child that distance without a car seat. Of course, you might have different feelings about that.

I have also noticed that the Taxi rates have gone up... but still much, much cheaper than taking a transfer or another type of shuttle.

I think the last time I took at taxi from the airport was to Pier 25 (which is further than 18 by a dollar or two) and it was around 18ish dollars.