Price Reductions

spanishguy1970

WE booked on the Norwegian Jade on a Transatlantic. We booked a few months ago and we paid $ 986.21 per person including taxes for a 16 day cruise. We also got $50 dollars on board credit and free gratuities for a picture window ocean view on the 8th floor. The total was $1972.42 for the 2 of us we just made the final payment. That same cruise today is $1793.26 total including taxes and same $ 50 dollar on board credit and free gratuities.

The difference in the final payment today is $179.16. I am wondering, a friend just told me to call NCL and ask them if they can give me this difference as on board credit, is that possible? do people really do that? WE did not book directly with NCL we booked with a cruise agent I just don't see if they would honor something like that after final payment. Does anyone else have had that experience when the price goes down?

thank you.

WE booked on the Norwegian Jade on a Transatlantic. We booked a few months ago and we paid $ 986.21 per person including taxes for a 16 day cruise. We also got $50 dollars on board credit and free gratuities for a picture window ocean view on the 8th floor. The total was $1972.42 for the 2 of us we just made the final payment. That same cruise today is $1793.26 total including taxes and same $ 50 dollar on board credit and free gratuities.

The difference in the final payment today is $179.16. I am wondering, a friend just told me to call NCL and ask them if they can give me this difference as on board credit, is that possible? do people really do that? WE did not book directly with NCL we booked with a cruise agent I just don't see if they would honor something like that after final payment. Does anyone else have had that experience when the price goes down?

thank you.

You have to go through your TA. You can "ask", but do NOT expect anything after final payment. Over and over- with some TA's, you can see-- huge- give away late discounts. Fact of supply and demand.

Frankly- if you get a "sorry" response, why would you keep checking rates? Let it go, obviously the price you paid was ok with you.

You have to go through your TA. You can "ask", but do NOT expect anything after final payment. Over and over- with some TA's, you can see-- huge- give away late discounts. Fact of supply and demand.

Frankly- if you get a "sorry" response, why would you keep checking rates? Let it go, obviously the price you paid was ok with you.

I keep checking because in the past i have gotten upgraded for what i paid because of the price reductions. Last time i went from a Balcony to a mini suite for the same price i paid, however my TA is kind of lazy sometimes so i have to be the one to have him check instead of being the other way around.

I keep checking because in the past i have gotten upgraded for what i paid because of the price reductions. Last time i went from a Balcony to a mini suite for the same price i paid, however my TA is kind of lazy sometimes so i have to be the one to have him check instead of being the other way around.

I agree! I never got OBC for the difference but I was able to move from and inside to oceanview twice for nothing extra and once I was able to move from a midship balcony to an aft balcony for only $30 extra.:)

I agree! I never got OBC for the difference but I was able to move from and inside to oceanview twice for nothing extra and once I was able to move from a midship balcony to an aft balcony for only $30 extra.:)

I have done this several times, as an upgrade is possible also after final payment. BUT be aware that you might loose any promotional benefits that you have with your original booking - instead you might qualify for the current promotion going on. Especially if you pay a few dollars for the upgrade. You just have to consider the pro's and con's. And of course - since you booked with a travel agent, you have to do everything through him/her.

Good luck!

I have done this several times, as an upgrade is possible also after final payment. BUT be aware that you might loose any promotional benefits that you have with your original booking - instead you might qualify for the current promotion going on. Especially if you pay a few dollars for the upgrade. You just have to consider the pro's and con's. And of course - since you booked with a travel agent, you have to do everything through him/her.

Good luck!

Thank you all for your responses.

You might evaluate booking with NCL directly instead. You're already doing all the work, and having him in the chain of communication between you and NCL doesn't seem to provide any benefits. Unless he's your cousin or something ;)

We have always found NCL's help desk / PCC folks to be very good at helping us rebook or upgrade if prices take a dip after final payment. We haven't found a case where using an independent TA worked better for us; like your experience, we end up having to do all the work anyway.

The PCCs from NCL do their basic job. None will do things like proactively look for price drops- after all, they work for NCL. Use a great TA that's not loyal to only one company.

As for price changes, NCL will allow upgrades with the difference in fare or sometimes return a % back as OBC- usually 25%