Looking for a non boatyard/turtle excursion

clj7181

I am cruising with my mom this January on the Carnival Liberty.

She is going on a catamaran turtle snorkeling excursion - I am passing since I burn really easy an my last all day boat snorkeling excursion resulted in a really bad burn, even with sitting in the shade and sunscreen re-applied. This means I am also not interested in spending the day at the Boatyard.

I am looking for something else to do that is relatively safe for a single mid-30s female traveler who like photography and history. A lot of tours involve riding around in a bus which is bad for photography.

I travel on my own for work so the alone part doesn't bother me - I even did a WDW vacation solo last spring.

Lots of shade and photo ops at excursions to the gulleys, the caves, wildlife reserve, and Orchid World. Great historical photo ops near town like George Washington House and military buildings. Huntes Garden (well, something like that) is another good one.

Professional photographer Ronnie Carrington gives a great photography tour.

• 2 weeks later...

Try Harrison's Cave. Did this many yrs back and the bus trip to the cave was a narrated tour. Great photo ops in the cave which is by tram. One of my favorite excursions. Time after to shop in the Barbados store(all things Barbados or something). Bought Pot holders, trivets and a lovely map that we had framed.

• 1 month later...