Is a chair and umbrella on a Saturday in late January even possible?

allentownahoy

Hoping to go to Eqgle Beach and wondering if this is possible and if so where on Eagle Beach is best to try?

Thanks

There are lots of locals on the beach on the weekends. The resorts will be full of paying guests that time of year, which is around the time that we go. Eagle Beach has a few places that rent chairs, and very few that rent palapas or umbrellas. Whether you will be able to get both depends on how many ships are in port, and also what is available. The locals often claim much of the shade on the weekends. You might be able to find something, but that is not guaranteed. You'll have a better chance in Palm Beach.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2145343&highlight=eagle+beach

This is an updated list that Arubalisa posted after a recent visit this year. Someone replied that they were able to get a palapa at Amsterdam Manor, but they were there in low season. I'd say that your chances of getting a palapa at Amsterdam Manor in Jan. are extremely unlikely, but this lists several other places that you'll have a better chance.

I believe that some of the excursions take you to Moomba, which you can do on your own, or perhaps dePalm Island, which is fun but pricey. I've seen 4 ships in town during this time of year, so it will probably be busy. If you decide to go to Palm Beach, my suggestion would be to get off of the ship as soon as you can, grab a taxi (the bus is easy transportation but makes a lot of stops), and tell the driver to let you off at the Hilton, formerly the Radisson, or Moomba. Those are your best bets. I'm not sure if any of the excursions will guarantee you an umbrella or palapa, but maybe the do, however, that is doubtful.

Thanks everyone. So do you think I can get one or break down and do an excursion that guarantees one at the end.

I believe that some of the excursions take you to Moomba, which you can do on your own, or perhaps dePalm Island, which is fun but pricey. I've seen 4 ships in town during this time of year, so it will probably be busy. If you decide to go to Palm Beach, my suggestion would be to get off of the ship as soon as you can, grab a taxi (the bus is easy transportation but makes a lot of stops), and tell the driver to let you off at the Hilton, formerly the Radisson, or Moomba. Those are your best bets. I'm not sure if any of the excursions will guarantee you an umbrella or palapa, but maybe the do, however, that is doubtful.

Do you have a "name" of the excursion which guarantees an umbrella at the end of the tour? I too like Hatteras have never heard of one.

Edited by Arubalisa