VIBE on the Getaway

goattyer65

I would NEVER travel on the Getaway without A Vibe pass. The main pool is just too loud and too man children (and generally very crowded). The hot tubs in Vibe are hardly used, and the direct access to the bar is a big plus, especially with the UB package. If you chose no to travel in "The Haven", then the Vibe is a nice alternative.

Good luck!

John R.

I couldn't agree more, to me the Vibe totally changes the experience on Getaway and Breakaway. To me its a bargain to be able to have much more comfortable lounge chairs, not having to look for chairs, and to have a much more relaxing and quiet experience

I stayed in the Haven on my last Getaway cruise and still got Vibe passes. Love kids but there were ALWAYS a batch of kids in the 2 Haven hot tubs.... Got the cabana ... $300 for the cabana for TWO plus $100 is put back on your ship board credit.... Turns out to be only about $20 more per person for the week rather than getting 2 Vibe passes for $79 each ....really nice up there...2 side by side hot tubs and I never saw more than a total of 2 people in them at one time

My hesitation in signing up for Vibe is that there looks to be only a few umbrellas available. I can never sit in the sun so I would be in trouble if there is not enough shade. Can anyone recall whether you can request an umbrella or are they stationary only by certain chaise lounges and first come first served?

My hesitation in signing up for Vibe is that there looks to be only a few umbrellas available. I can never sit in the sun so I would be in trouble if there is not enough shade. Can anyone recall whether you can request an umbrella or are they stationary only by certain chaise lounges and first come first served?

There are quite a few large market umbrellas on mobile stands available. One of the crew at Vibe can help move one for you.

Tracy

The Vibe is quieter and there are plenty of loungers. It gets real hot up there seems to be no breeze. You have to get up to get your drinks at the bar if you are one that wants a waiter. And I felt it gets boring after a while. But if your one to read a book in a lounger with a cocktail this would be a good spot. And the loungers do not give much break from the sun. I usally get a balcony (unless I squeeze a extra cruise in a year I do a cheap room.:)) And when I have had enuff I go to my balcany and relax. So for me it depends who I go with if its a group of people the vibe dont work if its you and a SO then it would work if you like that kind of atmosphere.

My husband and I really want to get Vibe passes and really would love to get a Cabana. Does anyone know how early we should get to the Pier in order to make that happen?

We found the cabana didn't give us much relief from the sun. It really depends on which direction you're sailing and the time of day. We ended up under the umbrella most of the time. The cabana was really nice when we did get the shade and we liked napping in it. We got to the pier early...around 9:45. We were in group one and got the 3rd out if the 5 cabanas.

Is it actually an OBC? One that I can use at the spa? Or is it just towards drink/ food ordered in Vibe ( useless to me with UBP)

When we purchased the cabana we were told the credit could only be used in the Vibe. My husband didn't care...he wanted that cabana! That night we saw the on board credit on our account. We never purchased anything in the Vibe and still got the credit.

Vibe is way nicer than H2O. The latter gets crowded and there are chair hogs, the hot tubs are usually full and lastly, I couldn't find shade in H2O. It was interesting to hear others say it gets too hot in Vibe. In February, wind is the bigger issue. Because Vibe is on the top floor, you can get gale force winds. Easy access to towels and bar drinks, no crowds or chair hogs, easy accessibility to hot tubs, padded chairs with umbrellas, queen size chair beds and cabanas.....pampering to the nines!