Hurricanes a brewing, could we change ports?

I am heading out on the Fantasy Thursday. Only 1 port, Nassau, on Saturday. Now we have hurricane Erika to threaten our plans. This is my first Carnival cruise so from you pros out there, what is the common course of action Carnival takes? Would we never port at all or is it possible we go out of the way to Bermuda instead?

We have been onboard on two hurricane cruises. To keep passengers safe and the ship from damage from hitting against the pier you could be missing your port day. They would take you away from danger and have a sea day. For your question about Bermuda the docks would already have ships in port and no room for Fantasy the same for Freeport. Hope his helps.

We have been onboard on two hurricane cruises. To keep passengers safe and the ship from damage from hitting against the pier you could be missing your port day. They would take you away from danger and have a sea day. For your question about Bermuda the docks would already have ships in port and no room for Fantasy the same for Freeport. Hope his helps.

I didn't even think about the ships already going there. It would suck to miss the port as we have a fantastic day planned and I really want some salt water therapy but if we do it is whatever. The 4 of us will have an awesome time regardless.

They have not yet said this will become a hurricane, still referring to it as a tropical storm. You wil either port, or you won't. that's the only answer available at this time. You will still have a wonderful cruise as the Captain will keep you safe.

Pat

I am heading out on the Fantasy Thursday. Only 1 port, Nassau, on Saturday. Now we have hurricane Erika to threaten our plans. This is my first Carnival cruise so from you pros out there, what is the common course of action Carnival takes? Would we never port at all or is it possible we go out of the way to Bermuda instead?

If it's not safe for your port stop in Nassau, you may not have a port stop at all. From Charleston there aren't too many options of other ports of call. Bermuda would require at least a 5 day cruise.

The Bahamas aren't fun in rainy/stormy weather so just enjoy "Fun Days At Sea". :)

LuLu

Unfortunately, even the best planned scenario is still only a calculated guess. Especially when it comes to the weather. What typically happens is that the Captain evaluates the storm/location and takes action to keep everyone safe.

Semper Gumby!