Oasis Park Cafe

Anybody know what kind of chips they serve in the Park Cafe on Oasis or Allure? Are they individually bagged? I know I read somewhere that you could grab a couple bags of chips for a snack to take off the ship in port. TIA!

Individual bags of chips.

Anybody know what kind of chips they serve in the Park Cafe on Oasis or Allure? Are they individually bagged? I know I read somewhere that you could grab a couple bags of chips for a snack to take off the ship in port. TIA!

Doritos and Lays come to mind

two weeks ago they had Doritos, Lays, Sun Chips, I think?

We had really snippy staff in the Park Café on our cruise and they would only give you chips if you waited on the LEFT hand side of the counter. If you asked for a hot sandwich which was distributed on the right, and then asked for chips to go with it, they would sharply tell you to go back to the left line. This was the only part of the cruise where service was disappointing! I left a very clear comment about this and really hope they change the staff there soon.

ETA: it doesn't even make sense to keep the chips behind the counter - it just made more work for them. They should just be out in a big basket or something, IMO.

Edited by clawmachine

two weeks ago they had Doritos, Lays, Sun Chips, I think?

We had really snippy staff in the Park Café on our cruise and they would only give you chips if you waited on the LEFT hand side of the counter. If you asked for a hot sandwich which was distributed on the right, and then asked for chips to go with it, they would sharply tell you to go back to the left line. This was the only part of the cruise where service was disappointing! I left a very clear comment about this and really hope they change the staff there soon.

ETA: it doesn't even make sense to keep the chips behind the counter - it just made more work for them. They should just be out in a big basket or something, IMO.

They used to keep the chips in a basket on a counter as you entered Park Cafe. There was also some fruit there as well. Guess that didn't work out so well.

They used to keep the chips in a basket on a counter as you entered Park Cafe. There was also some fruit there as well. Guess that didn't work out so well.

That it is where there were when sailed The Allure & Oasis. Just grab a bag from the basket.

Yep, over on the right

Legend had them on the counter in the back. Definately had to ask

I also noticed that when the basket is empty, they generally don't refill it very fast. However, they will get some chips if you ask.

Now for $64,000 question.

Beef or pork:what:

On the 3-day, beef was only on day 2. Pork the other 2 days. On the 4-day, pork on the first day, and I didn't get back there for lunch on the other days. The pork is not bad, but it's nowere near as tender and flavorful as the beef.

Edited by clarea

It seems as if the chips always change in the Park Cafes...

Sometimes they are the same the whole week, sometimes they switch it up every day.

On the otherhand, I am glad to see them add the pork sandwiches some days just to mix it up!

I have seen Doritos (Both Ranch and Nacho), Sun Chips, Regular Lays, and for some reason a LOT of salt and vinegar (Must have been a promotional deal).

It seems as if the chips always change in the Park Cafes...

Sometimes they are the same the whole week, sometimes they switch it up every day.

On the otherhand, I am glad to see them add the pork sandwiches some days just to mix it up!

I have seen Doritos (Both Ranch and Nacho), Sun Chips, Regular Lays, and for some reason a LOT of salt and vinegar (Must have been a promotional deal).

Never seen the pork on Oasis, just Legend and Enchantment.