Sea Day on NE/Canada cruise

Synderela

We have one day at sea on our cruise (that starts on Sep 11). I'm wondering if there will be any chance at all that we will want to sit by the pool. Does anyone have any advice? Take swimsuit? Leave it at home? We are flying so all room in luggage is at a premium!

It is impossible to answer especially given you don't say where the cruise boards. If you board in Boston or NYC, it is possible you could have swimsuit day but that is getting into 'shoulder season' for Canada/NE cruises and weather can be variable.

I agree about putting a swimsuit in your suitcase. It takes no room and weighs little.

As a rule of thumb, many of us (not all) in Boston area who have inground swimming pools, often close them shortly after Labor Day.

Edited by sail7seas

We are doing a Boston-Montreal cruise on the Maasdam departing Boston on September 12, and DW and I will definitely be bringing our bathing suits. The Maasdam has a sliding dome cover over the entire Lido pool area, which tends to be quite warm even when the weather outside is cooler.