First Time cruising with the grandkids

Poohb

Going on a 5 day Bermuda on Anthem. Kids will be ages 5, 7 & 10. Do they get their own seapass/keycards? Bracelets? Planning ahead to see if we need lanyards for them.

They will get their own SeaPass cards, not sure if they get bracelets too.

They will get their own cards and a band around their wrist that tells staff where there muster station is in case of emergency. The band has no technology (doesn't act as sea pass, etc). It's like a waterproof, tyvek bracelet thing like you would get at a waterpark or amusement park...

If they sign up at the kids club, they will get a lanyard and a hole punched in their card to attach to the lanyard. That came in handy (even though my kids didn't end up going to the kid's club more than once!)

My kids were 8 and 11 and my husband offered them $20 if they didn't lose their seapass the whole trip. He was $40 poorer at the end. :D

The 5 and 7 year old will never be going about the ship without you, so YOU should keep their cards. They don't need to carry them themselves, unless they are on their own...but, you will have to have their cards in order to take them off the ship!

Edited by cb at sea

Thanks for the info. The kids don't know that the parents are coming; they are going to be very surprised. The mom/dad are on deck 7. The kids are booked in our room (deck 11). I will make sure they stop at Adventure Ocean to get lanyards.

If you intend to board with the kids and have the parents "how up later on aboard the ship as a surprise, then you might still want to get that waiver document. I am not sure RCCL would let you board without it even if the parents are also on the cruise. And besides, it could be handy in the event of an emergency.

The 5 and 7 year old will never be going about the ship without you, so YOU should keep their cards. They don't need to carry them themselves, unless they are on their own...but, you will have to have their cards in order to take them off the ship!

True above for 5 and 7 year olds.

The only possible time they'll be without you is at the Kid Club and they won't need their cruise cards there.

They will be required to wear their bracelets.

LuLu

We went a few years ago with my 2 year old grand daughter and my 6 year old daughter and they love to carry their own sea pass cards it makes them feel very special.

When we sailed on Quantum for Christmas week last year, my 11 year old received her own Wow band in addition to her required adventure ocean bracelet with her muster station info.

We didn't use them because they didn't seem to work well for us, but there were many other kids onboard we saw who did.