Amtrak Miami to MIA

gabbygrrl

We are taking Amtrak to Florida from New England. We had planned to get off in FLL, pick up a car and head to the Keys before our cruise. However I just found an amazing deal with Alamo out of Miami.

So if we take Amtrak all the way to Miami, how easy is it to get from the train to the airport? Via taxi or Uber? Or is their a rail connection now, right into MIA?

TIA!!

Be careful. I have read that rental cars at the airport can only be rented by arriving passengers.

Never heard that one? :confused: I rent cars all the time from Washington National (DCA) even though I am not flying in/out.

I have a car rented from Miami International from enterprise and this is on my receipt:

PLEASE FOLLOW THE PURPLE MIA MOVER SIGNS TO THE THIRD LEVEL. TAKE THE MOVING WALKWAYS TO THE MIA MOVERS STATION LOCATED ON THE FOURTH LEVEL. PROCEED STRAIGHT AHEAD TO THE ENTERPRISE COUNTER LOCATED ON THE LEFT. ----------- THIS OFFICE SERVICES DEPLANING AIRPORT CUSTOMERS ONLY . SELF-SERVICE KIOSKS AT THIS LOCATION CAN MAKE YOUR RENTAL TRANSACTION QUICK AND EASY.

We are taking Amtrak to Florida from New England. We had planned to get off in FLL, pick up a car and head to the Keys before our cruise. However I just found an amazing deal with Alamo out of Miami.

So if we take Amtrak all the way to Miami, how easy is it to get from the train to the airport? Via taxi or Uber? Or is their a rail connection now, right into MIA?

TIA!!

Amtrak and TriRail use the same tracks and stations.

You can always hop off Amtrak, switch to Tri Rail, then switch to Metro Rail to get to Miami airport.

I have a car rented from Miami International from enterprise and this is on my receipt:

PLEASE FOLLOW THE PURPLE MIA MOVER SIGNS TO THE THIRD LEVEL. TAKE THE MOVING WALKWAYS TO THE MIA MOVERS STATION LOCATED ON THE FOURTH LEVEL. PROCEED STRAIGHT AHEAD TO THE ENTERPRISE COUNTER LOCATED ON THE LEFT. ----------- THIS OFFICE SERVICES DEPLANING AIRPORT CUSTOMERS ONLY . SELF-SERVICE KIOSKS AT THIS LOCATION CAN MAKE YOUR RENTAL TRANSACTION QUICK AND EASY.

What I believe that this means is that you cannot use this counter for returning your vehicle when departing. I am aware that return receipts are given to you when you drop off the car.

When ever I reserved a vehicle in MIA at Enterprise I don't recall ever giving them my flight information, just the estimated pick up time of the vehicle.