MDR service question, your time dining for two

Lakufu

I have a kind of random question for experienced cruisers. If you order multiple dishes in any given course can you make the request for it all at once or do they only serve you one dish at a time. Example if I wanted shrimp cocktail and a crab cake, could they both come at the same time or would I have to eat one and wait for the next?

Just trying to figure out timing a bit as waiting for multiple dishes will obviously make the meal last longer versus if my husband and I got four appetizers between us to share and and they all came at once so we didn't have to wait.

Just ask your waiter and he/she will likely be able to accommodate both at once (especially if they are the same segment of the meal - appetizer, main, dessert). Certain dishes may run low and they won't be able to provide a second but most times they likely will.

Depends on table size. Sometimes there's not enough room.

If you're at a larger table or many in the waiter's station there might be a wait. They're only supposed to carry 12 at a time.

The hardest thing to serve is the Indian Vegetarian. It comes on two plates and it's a real struggle to get it situated. By the second time I've ordered it the waitstaff knows I'm going to take the oblong bowls and put those around the first plate.

I have a kind of random question for experienced cruisers. If you order multiple dishes in any given course can you make the request for it all at once or do they only serve you one dish at a time. Example if I wanted shrimp cocktail and a crab cake, could they both come at the same time or would I have to eat one and wait for the next?

Just trying to figure out timing a bit as waiting for multiple dishes will obviously make the meal last longer versus if my husband and I got four appetizers between us to share and and they all came at once so we didn't have to wait.

We had YTD on Legend in July. On the first Elegant Night, prime rib and lobster tails were offered. A few of our friends wanted to make their own Surf & Turf and asked our waiter to bring the two together. They got them.

My spouse and I usually pick a salad (or soup) and an appetizer for our first course. When we do that, the appetizers and salads were served at the same time. We have never ordered multiple main courses, so I can't say with certainty how that would be served. Just let your waiter know how you want your food to be coursed, and they will usually be able to accommodate your request.

Wife and I do ATD and I ordered multiple main dishes on a few occasions. For example I would get the steak and the chicken from the menu that stays constant. The way I would order would be just the meats and then maybe a side of rice. So they would put both meats on one plate for me, then just a smaller plate for my rice. Never a problem.