Wi-Fi and other questions

Mollythedolly

Hi

Would anyone please know how much it costs to use the ship's Wi-Fi. I know on the other Thomson ships you can buy a package but is it the same on the IE.

Also does anyone please know if you do a full day excursion do you get some kind of pack lunch or do you buy your own.

Many thanks for any help that can be given.

Mollythedolly

Hi

Would anyone please know how much it costs to use the ship's Wi-Fi. I know on the other Thomson ships you can buy a package but is it the same on the IE.

Also does anyone please know if you do a full day excursion do you get some kind of pack lunch or do you buy your own.

Many thanks for any help that can be given.

Mollythedolly

Hi Mollythedolly

Think costs for wifi will be the same as the other Thomson ships. Most people recommend following the crew as they know where all the best spots are and apparently the charges are a bit pricey.

When on a full day excursions it varies. When booking there are symbols beside each excursion which relate to walking (feet), scenic (camera), bags (shopping), cup & saucer (drinks), knife & fork (lunch provided), LTD (limited spaces).

Hope the above helps.:)

Hi Mollythedolly

Think costs for wifi will be the same as the other Thomson ships. Most people recommend following the crew as they know where all the best spots are and apparently the charges are a bit pricey.

When on a full day excursions it varies. When booking there are symbols beside each excursion which relate to walking (feet), scenic (camera), bags (shopping), cup & saucer (drinks), knife & fork (lunch provided), LTD (limited spaces).

Hope the above helps.:)

Thank you skioncruises, this is very helpful. Will look at other Thomson ships prices.

Molly

Hi Mollythedolly!

Can't help with wifi prices as never use it on the ship as it is so slow.....but on the three cruises we've been on Island Escape, all the ports we went to have cafes with free wifi if you just buy a coffee. we have never had a problem finding wifi somewhere close by......even some of the terminals have it. Just keep a lookout for the crew members!.

Wifi is a lot more available in Europe than it is here.

As for getting a packed lunch.....we haven't done a long trip for a couple of years but when we went to Cairo for the day we had a packed lunchbox and a hotel lunch....and on a long trip in Israel we had a hotel lunch.....so depending how long it is (probably over 5 hours but don't quote me on that!) I would think you will....it will probably say in the description of the trip. I usually pinch a banana at breakfast time for emergencies!!

Hi Mollythedolly!

Can't help with wifi prices as never use it on the ship as it is so slow.....but on the three cruises we've been on Island Escape, all the ports we went to have cafes with free wifi if you just buy a coffee. we have never had a problem finding wifi somewhere close by......even some of the terminals have it. Just keep a lookout for the crew members!.

Wifi is a lot more available in Europe than it is here.

As for getting a packed lunch.....we haven't done a long trip for a couple of years but when we went to Cairo for the day we had a packed lunchbox and a hotel lunch....and on a long trip in Israel we had a hotel lunch.....so depending how long it is (probably over 5 hours but don't quote me on that!) I would think you will....it will probably say in the description of the trip. I usually pinch a banana at breakfast time for emergencies!!

Thank you jenny wren

Will follow advice on Wi-Fi, it sounds the best thing to do.

Regards a pack lunch, I thought ages ago I had heard someone talking about it on board ship but, of course, we don't mind if we have to do our own thing. Like you say we will have to look in trip description.

Thanks again Molly