Resizing and rotating pictures to post

My Photo Editing class on the Volendam was very helpful and I would take it again with a second opportunity. But there is one small problem nothing I learned in the Digital Workshop could have fixed: Vertical shots appear wrong on the camera, right on the computer, and siedways again in a post. I also have a problem if I resize an image: a black bar appears at the bottom with the pixels count, format, and date. Who wants to see 1024.750 8/12 JPEG under a picture?

This is making me think I may need to copy all of them to a cloud and do it the URL way, which I have always avoided because it requires knowing every image's URL and none of them have one. Why bother trying to do that when I have pictures on the computer that are so easy to upload?

Here on Cruise Critic, it appears the only way to post images is the URL route If I upload images to the cloud to edit them there, will that overwrite original pictures in Photo Gallery?

My Photo Editing class on the Volendam was very helpful and I would take it again with a second opportunity. But there is one small problem nothing I learned in the Digital Workshop could have fixed: Vertical shots appear wrong on the camera, right on the computer, and siedways again in a post. I also have a problem if I resize an image: a black bar appears at the bottom with the pixels count, format, and date. Who wants to see 1024.750 8/12 JPEG under a picture?

This is making me think I may need to copy all of them to a cloud and do it the URL way, which I have always avoided because it requires knowing every image's URL and none of them have one. Why bother trying to do that when I have pictures on the computer that are so easy to upload?

Here on Cruise Critic, it appears the only way to post images is the URL route If I upload images to the cloud to edit them there, will that overwrite original pictures in Photo Gallery?

CC has an understandably restrictive policy regarding direct uploads since they are not really a photo sharing site.

This table lists the limits for various file types:

medium.jpg

A simple organizational/editing program like the free Google Picasa would allow you to rotate and perform adjustments before loading them to a host site. Picasa Web Albums is connected to Picasa and offers free space to post and share photos. It is also great way to organize your photos into collections and albums and tag them for easy searching.

Linking to a hosted photo is really the best way to display your photos here.

Here is a link to Picasa: http://picasa.google.com/

Dave

Edited by pierces

does your camera have an auto rotate feature? Check and see and if it does, make sure it is turned on....Otherwise consider investing in something like Photo Shop elements for doing your editing. It is a consumer version of Photo Shop and the price is reasonable, or it was the last time I looked at it.

Im a hobbyist/Novice photographer using a Nikon DSLR. I take LOTS of pictures, horizontal and vertical. I use Adobe Lightroom Pro for tweeking my photos. But When I first download my pictures off my memory card I preview everything in Microsoft Office Picture Manager. I can view all my photos at once or one at a time. Delete the ones I dont want. When I view all at once I can select just the vertical ones and rotate them 90 deg all at the same time. save and then go into lightroom and tweek them as I want. rotating pictures in lightroom is time consuming.

Im a hobbyist/Novice photographer using a Nikon DSLR. I take LOTS of pictures, horizontal and vertical. I use Adobe Lightroom Pro for tweeking my photos. But When I first download my pictures off my memory card I preview everything in Microsoft Office Picture Manager. I can view all my photos at once or one at a time. Delete the ones I dont want. When I view all at once I can select just the vertical ones and rotate them 90 deg all at the same time. save and then go into lightroom and tweek them as I want. rotating pictures in lightroom is time consuming.

I'm not sure what version you have (never heard of a "Pro" version) but did you know that you can select multiple images in Lightroom's Library view and rotate them with one click on the toolbar? You can also right-click a multiple selection and click "Remove Images" to delete them.

Lightroom is actually one of the most sophisticated photo organizers available. I used to organize in Picasa and edit in Photoshop Elements but now I do all of my organizing in Lightroom and 98% of my editing there even though my Adobe subscription includes Photoshop CC.

Play around in Lightroom and you may be surprised how much you can do with a few clicks.

Dave

Edited by pierces

I'm not sure what version you have (never heard of a "Pro" version) but did you know that you can select multiple images in Lightroom's Library view and rotate them with one click on the toolbar? You can also right-click a multiple selection and click "Remove Images" to delete them.

Lightroom is actually one of the most sophisticated photo organizers available. I used to organize in Picasa and edit in Photoshop Elements but now I do all of my organizing in Lightroom and 98% of my editing there even though my Adobe subscription includes Photoshop CC.

Play around in Lightroom and you may be surprised how much you can do with a few clicks.

Dave

LOL. Oops, yeah its Adobe Lightroom 5. my pro one is Silkypix Developer Studio Pro. I dont use Silkypix that much since I got Lightroom. I have so many photo editing programs I cant keep them all straight.

I also havent mastered lightroom yet, I've only had it less then a year. i'm so used to working with Silkypix when i used my Olympus.

I edit my pictures in Windows Photo Gallery, including rotating. Then I drag and drop them into my photobucket account (free) and then copy and paste the UR into CC. If you organize your photos into albums as you upload to Windows Gallery, and then into your sharing site(photobucket, picasa, Flickr, etc.) you do not have to remember any url's. EM