"Voom " internet coming to Celebrity ?

Kevnzworld

We've just returned from the Anthem's inaugural TA. While I normally "disconnect" on vacation, work required me to be available this time, so we did get an internet package. I have to say, Voom was amazing. Once you were logged on, the speed was incredibly fast. It was like being at home.

However, the wi-fi did not work well in our cabin; the IT people on board said there's one router for every five cabins, and so depending on where you are, the signal may not be good. But it worked great in all the public spaces where I tried it.

(Totally OT: Anthem is a stunningly beautiful ship, very much like an S-class ship on (good) steroids. We never thought we'd enjoy a mega-ship like this, but Anthem is just amazing. It surprised us how much fun we had. I will hasten to repeat, though, that we were on a TA; I can't imagine doing a cruise on a ship like that with a ton of kids.)

I agree Turtle. Voom was excellent on the TA, so it is available for very fast speed,(I speed tested this everyday) we too had difficult reception in our room. If I sat by the door it was good, but while in bed by the balcony, not so good

I agree Turtle. Voom was excellent on the TA, so it is available for very fast speed,(I speed tested this everyday) we too had difficult reception in our room. If I sat by the door it was good, but while in bed by the balcony, not so good

Well then you were more fortunate than we; there really was no spot in our cabin that would work well. The IT people told me to "step out into the hall." :rolleyes: In fact, we were near the midship elevators/stairs, and I got a great signal sitting on the stairs. (Royal gave us, unprompted, 20% back on what we'd paid.)

We've just returned from the Anthem's inaugural TA. While I normally "disconnect" on vacation, work required me to be available this time, so we did get an internet package. I have to say, Voom was amazing. Once you were logged on, the speed was incredibly fast. It was like being at home.

However, the wi-fi did not work well in our cabin; the IT people on board said there's one router for every five cabins, and so depending on where you are, the signal may not be good. But it worked great in all the public spaces where I tried it.

(Totally OT: Anthem is a stunningly beautiful ship, very much like an S-class ship on (good) steroids. We never thought we'd enjoy a mega-ship like this, but Anthem is just amazing. It surprised us how much fun we had. I will hasten to repeat, though, that we were on a TA; I can't imagine doing a cruise on a ship like that with a ton of kids.)

Just back from the Allure TA with the same experience. Very impressed. Same issue in the cabin, but I put it down to being right at the end of the hall.

Hope you were ok in the weather we had. I know you had it worse than us. I took this video of the pool deck on one of the days the wind was howling:

http://vid1325.photobucket.com/albums/u631/excitedofharpenden/Sundry/Videos/IMG_1431_zpscqwfkza1.mp4

Phil

Just back from the Allure TA with the same experience. Very impressed. Same issue in the cabin, but I put it down to being right at the end of the hall.

Hope you were ok in the weather we had. I know you had it worse than us. I took this video of the pool deck on one of the days the wind was howling:

http://vid1325.photobucket.com/albums/u631/excitedofharpenden/Sundry/Videos/IMG_1431_zpscqwfkza1.mp4

Phil

Phil, that video is hysterical, thanks for posting! We did have several days of high seas and strong winds (hurricane force at one point, we were told) --- in our case, the pools were all drained and the deck chairs all tied down, so no video like yours.

I don't mind that weather at all, but it was a bummer not to have water in the indoor pool or Solarium, and to have the outer decks closed for about three days.

Still, we had a fantastic time. Hope you did too!