American food item hard to find

lssg

Sorry but gaechann speaks the truth.

(If you like pizza, Princess is the go!)

Only if you like American-style pizza. It was nowhere near a true Neapolitan pizza which it claims to be. And, yes, I have eaten pizza in Naples and, yes, our local pizzeria (Via Napoli, owned and run by ex-Neopolitans) has the best pizza outside of Naples.

Edited by OzKiwiJJ

My first trip to Europe I had just recently been diagnosed with a chronic disease and was still fighting to get the symptoms under control. The surgeon at the hospital dosed me up on all sorts of medications to get me through the trip so I was carrying all sorts of controlled substances. The customs points overseas couldn't care less about what I was carrying but when coming back to Australia the quarantine guy did a bit of a double take at all the drugs I had lol. I had an itemised note from the dr plus copies of the prescriptions, but they are definitely more thorough here than elsewhere.

Australia (and Western Australia in particular) has the most inefficient, poorly maintained, wretchedly staffed, over priced, and badly designed airport terminals in the world.

The customs/immigration staff, recently renamed "Border Force", like something out of a black humour **** spoof movie, are for the most part belligerent and officious.

Waiting lines are long, slow and tedious.

Do yourself a huge favour. Don't bring in anything you have to declare unless you enjoy wasting a couple of hours or more in a house of horrors surrounded by tired, hostile, aggressive and aggrieved fellow travellers, who haven't heard about Australia's tourist friendly points of entry.

Only if you like American-style pizza. It was nowhere near a true Neapolitan pizza which it claims to be. And, yes, I have eaten pizza in Naples and, yes, our local pizzeria (Via Napoli, owned and run by ex-Neopolitans) has the best pizza outside of Naples.

Agree it's not "Naples" style. But it's also not American style... which is more the standard on Celebrity and RCL.

Agree it's not "Naples" style. But it's also not American style... which is more the standard on Celebrity and RCL.

I guess there are differing styles in America too. The Princess pizza reminded me of one I had in Singapore once, at a restaurant in Marina Bay Sands owned by American restaurateur Joe Bastianich. The base was quite bready and the toppings were bland.

However it would be impossible to replicate a true Neopolitan pizza on a cruise ship - you need a good wood-fired pizza oven for that. Not safe on a ship.

As a small note on this, one time we were coming back into sydney and were picked up by security. I was petrified thinking someone had put something in my bag.

We always declare all lollies, food etc.

BUT had forgotten a half eaten bag of hard lollies in a huge suitcase.

The x rays picked it up, so they must xray your suitcases before it gets to the carousel and flags your immigration card when you go through.

Luckily nothing became of it as i am sure they could tell by my horrified face it was a mistake.

Lol Karon, bet you had a stash of chocolate brownies in there too [emoji6].

Edited by Brossy

The one at Epping? Been there many times. Love their pizzas.