Aqua Class Benefits - Where's the Beef?

soxfan2013

We love Aqua for a number of reasons:

- ease of check in (we are at the front of that line)

- Blu restaurant (meal sizes are more reasonable and lend to not adding on the cruise weight)...also the ability to eat when we want (no set dinner time) and we meet different people every meal even if the tables are for two! Almost always have a convo with one or both of our neighbours

- amazing staff taking care of our room - they really seem to care and take an effort to get to know your needs and wants

- placement of rooms...we have to be the only people who like it under the pool area ....why...because it's quiet at night! When it's noisey we aren't in the room we are helping make the noise!

- the shower is amazing!

- bottled water is always available...I know you can get it anywhere but having it at your finger tips is great (we usually have 3-4 bottles)

- unlimited access to the Persian Gardens

- the robes are nice when you want to unwind but stay comfy ...and slippers...hee hee

These are the things we love and why out of five cruises we have booked four as Aqua (the first one we didn't know any better oh and they didn't offer on the first shop we did!)

I'm not a fan of the flavoured tea they leave in the cabin but have never had a problem with them leaving me something else when I have requested it. On one cruise, they used to leave me orange juice. Depends on your cabin steward I suppose but we have always found them to be very helpful. :)

We only book AQ if the price is the same as cc class. We also do not love Blu, and eat mostly in speciality dining rooms 5 out of 7 nights and sometimes we get unlimited speciality dining. We do not use the stone beds in the spa, nor enjoy the tea or canapes agree yuk- As you say guests should get some real benefits, such as spa service discounts. We do like the extra points and priority boarding- but we are elite plus and probably would get priority boarding anyway. Cabins the same size as the regular balcony and cc class cabins on the S class ships. Larger I believe on the M class, so that is an advantage. Also, many of the AQ cabins are under the gym- poor location! Do not select a room under the bikes or any other equipment- best location is under the hair salon or indoor pool area.

Thanks for the tip on the AQ cabin locations. We booked a cabin under the indoor pool for our upcoming TA because of the 2 AQ cabins available (we were late booking this time), it was the one under the indoor pool. On our last TA we had a great cabin with an oversized balcony mid-ship on the hump BUT endured the scraping of lounge chairs at 6:30AM almost every morning and vowed never to book a cabin under the pool area again. I'm happy to know that this new location is a good one since I couldn't find a review on the S-Class compilation for this cabin. Thanks!:)

I am in 1650 on the Reflection in Nov anyone know if that cabin has an overhang or any noise issues

I found this information for you on the STICKY: "S-Class Cabin Compilation" spreadsheet on the Celebrity Forum Page:

1650 Reflection

Deck: 11AQ

Bed: Near Bath

Noise: Quiet

Balcony: Standard

Obstructions: No

Wind: No

Comments: Had a strange banging noise above the first two nights, but then it went away after we docked in San Juan, so don't think it's a problem with the room. Probably something left unsecured for the first sea days.

Hope this helps.

I have read several people who only like the persian garden on the S class ships. However, on our Panama Canal cruise in November 2012 on the Infinity my whole group loved it. My husband and I were in an AQ cabin--the others were in interior cabins. Two of our friends purchased the spa passes so that they could use the persian garden as often as they wanted. We went in there almost every day. Tried using the persian garden once on the Solstice--there weren't any loungers available and the saunas were just okay. We didn't visit it on the Eclipse.

I love the food in Blu. My husband isn't quite as daring with food as I am so he doesn't love Blu for the food--he loves it for the separate tables for two! We both really enjoy breakfast there--especially on the last day!!

I have read several people who only like the persian garden on the S class ships. However, on our Panama Canal cruise in November 2012 on the Infinity my whole group loved it. My husband and I were in an AQ cabin--the others were in interior cabins. Two of our friends purchased the spa passes so that they could use the persian garden as often as they wanted. We went in there almost every day. Tried using the persian garden once on the Solstice--there weren't any loungers available and the saunas were just okay. We didn't visit it on the Eclipse.

i have to agree about the M-Class Persim Garden. I much prefer it over the S-class which I find is too bright, too loud and lacks adequate space and loungers. I loved the eucalyptus steam room on the Millenium.