Free ice cream on Golden Princess

Cbtours

We are on Golden Princess Melbourne to South Pacific 30th October 2015. Can anyone tell me if they still have free ice cream (at Sundaes?) Just heard that Dawn Princess has now changed to only having NZ ice cream for purchase. As a group of us are going, I wanted to let the others know (as just told them about free ice cream). Thanks

We were on the Golden in December last year and ice cream cones were free - vanilla - chocolate or combination.:)

THANK YOU! The combination sounds like the perfect solution when you can't decide between 2 flavours! :D

I'm budgeting AUD$3.00 a can for Coke and Sprite. Would that be a reasonable guess please? I do like canned drinks for overnight if I wake up wanting something to nibble and sip. Already bringing a container to store cookies from the International Café and know to check their display at different times to grab as many flavours as I can find that I like.

My Boarding time is confirmed, so it looks like my cousin's commitment to the Remembrance Day Dawn Service won't clash with getting me safely down to Circular Quay to sail to Melbourne next year. With an uncle and her 2 brothers all serving-1 is still in the Royal Australian Navy=it'll be some experience to sail out of the Heads travelling past Garden Island. Must ask my currently serving cousin, if a civilian saluting when not in uniform is disrespectful or not. I do know to wear a hat, and will make sure it's tied on for safety-have had it blow off once much to the disgust of a startled horse-he stomped on it! Lucky I didn't get kicked for stupidity in not tying it on my head.

Cans of coke etc were $2.55 when were on the Dawn Princess just a couple of weeks ago. I think the protocol for civilians not in uniform to salute is to put your right hand over your heart. Looks like you are in for a great cruise.

Edited by ozziepost

We are on Golden Princess Melbourne to South Pacific 30th October 2015. Can anyone tell me if they still have free ice cream (at Sundaes?) Just heard that Dawn Princess has now changed to only having NZ ice cream for purchase. As a group of us are going, I wanted to let the others know (as just told them about free ice cream). Thanks

I'd pay to enjoy some real ice cream...especially the New Zealand treats :)

not sure about the Golden but I assume you'll still get ice cream with your meals in the dining room so all won't be lost hopefully....lol!

:)

Lol yes I know that and make full use of it!!!!

It's because if me sorting out our group I'm trying to make sure I tell them correctly. I'll make sure I emphasise the dining room offerings just in case.

Now my friends ice cream is 'no additional charge not 'free', you know nothing is free on a ship, you have paid for it in your fare. Yes I was on Golden Princess last year, the ice cream bar up top is quite ok. Plenty of ice cream too in MDR for lunch and dinner.

As Uncle Les says...'Above all enjoy'

Edited by NSWP

Now my friends ice cream is 'no additional charge not 'free', you know nothing is free on a ship, you have paid for it in your fare. Yes I was on Golden Princess last year, the ice cream bar up top is quite ok. Plenty of ice cream too in MDR for lunch and dinner.

Gday Unci Les

I always enjoy iCE cREAM.

The icecream is my only vice on the ship (well sort of) so I am looking forward to Sunday when we board the Diamond Princess for another 23 nights.... maybe a crane to lift me off the ship in Sydney could be arranged?

The icecream is my only vice on the ship (well sort of) so I am looking forward to Sunday when we board the Diamond Princess for another 23 nights.... maybe a crane to lift me off the ship in Sydney could be arranged?

Have an Ice Cream (or two) for me. Then when I get on (in 50 days) I'll have one for you:D:D. Ant excuse to eat Ice Cream:D:p

Enjoy Eileen, my wife and 18 year old granddaughter are on Diamond 23 Jan Syd-NZ-Syd. So leave some Mohitos on board.

We fly out Monday for UK motoring and cruises as per my signature.

Edited by NSWP

Of course I realise that we have already paid. I'm asking because there are extras to pay for on board if you choose to have them and I didn't want to mislead my group by telling them ice creams weren't extra. And I love the mer ice creams, after the first mightn't waiter knows I'm ordering one as a side to my dessert hehe

Hi,

I don't mind paying a little extra for all those special treats we all look forward to on our up coming cruises. Have been checking out all the new places to go to on Golden Princess through Sheeba's great Full Tour of Golden Princess. I think you will mainly find me in International Cafe, this is new to me as Dawn Princess didn't have one. I found on the last cruise when I had over indulged I joined the many other passengers having a good walk around the Promenade deck several times, apart from the great views, I felt a lot better and of course was ready for the next treat. Just bought a new suite case and new slacks with good elastic waistbands. Station Pier in Melbourne is looking ready to take the next intake of cruise ships into Melbourne.

Regards:):)

Hi,

I don't mind paying a little extra for all those special treats we all look forward to on our up coming cruises. Have been checking out all the new places to go to on Golden Princess through Sheeba's great Full Tour of Golden Princess. I think you will mainly find me in International Cafe, this is new to me as Dawn Princess didn't have one. I found on the last cruise when I had over indulged I joined the many other passengers having a good walk around the Promenade deck several times, apart from the great views, I felt a lot better and of course was ready for the next treat. Just bought a new suite case and new slacks with good elastic waistbands. Station Pier in Melbourne is looking ready to take the next intake of cruise ships into Melbourne.

Agree a good walk round the deck helpful! Using the stairs helps too! Btw anyone know if golden is further round the deck than dawn princess ? (3 times round dawn is 1 mile). Wonder is golden is just more decks orbiter overall! We can't wait for 30 Oct!!!

Agree a good walk round the deck helpful! Using the stairs helps too! Btw anyone know if golden is further round the deck than dawn princess ? (3 times round dawn is 1 mile). Wonder is golden is just more decks orbiter overall! We can't wait for 30 Oct!!!

Golden is fair bit bigger than Dawn so I expect less laps

I have just checked out the length and breadth of the above ships.

The Dawn Princess is 266m in length and beam 32m

The Golden Princess is 290 in length and beam 36m.

I am not that good at maths but I am sure we will walk more on the Golden Princess if we do 3 rounds, also you have stairs to climb between decks 7 and 8 to go to the bow of the ship, does that mean more ice cream??

We are on the Diamond Princess atm and they have green tea ice cream as well as the usual chocolate' date=' vanilla and choc/vanilla combined. The green tea soft serve is quite nice....l always buy it when l am in Japan.[/quote']

DW is really hoping they still have it when we are on Diamond.