Amtrak FTL or MIA

gabbygrrl

We have a choice-get off in FTL and taxi it to the airport to pick up our rental car OR get off in MIA and taxi it to the airport for our rental car.

MIA has a great deal on a rental (and we're heading down to the Keys before our cruise, so it's closer, too) BUT my other half is in a panic about having to take a taxi from MIA at night (heard it was in a really bad neighborhood ).

Thoughts? Would you suggest a Town Car service for MIA? Or just get off in FTL or even the Hollywood station?

Thanks for you help :o)

We have a choice-get off in FTL and taxi it to the airport to pick up our rental car OR get off in MIA and taxi it to the airport for our rental car.

MIA has a great deal on a rental (and we're heading down to the Keys before our cruise, so it's closer, too) BUT my other half is in a panic about having to take a taxi from MIA at night (heard it was in a really bad neighborhood ).

Thoughts? Would you suggest a Town Car service for MIA? Or just get off in FTL or even the Hollywood station?

Thanks for you help :o)

Can you get off in West Palm Beach? It is much closer to the turnpike and will get you on the road to the keys about 2 1/2 hours earlier than waiting for Miami.

Miami is going to be out of the way to get on the turnpike. I get screwed up trying to get on the Dolphin.

WPB

We are arriving later in the day, so we will be overnighting in either MIA or FLL before heading to the Keys in the morning. I want to make that drive during the light of day, to enjoy it, rather than in the dark.

Any suggestions on a private car company for the MIA Amtrak station??

Someone suggested using Uber Black service....thoughts?

We are arriving later in the day, so we will be overnighting in either MIA or FLL before heading to the Keys in the morning. I want to make that drive during the light of day, to enjoy it, rather than in the dark.

Any suggestions on a private car company for the MIA Amtrak station??

Someone suggested using Uber Black service....thoughts?

Larry's Limos is often suggested for Miami service.

If you are looking for a hotel near the MIA airport I would focus on the Blue Lagoon neighborhood with several hotels (Homewood Suites, Sofitel, Hampton Inn, etc.) as well as a strip mall with dining and shopping options. All of the hotels will offer free MIA airport shuttles so that you can access the car rental center in case you want to wait until the AM to pick up your car (AMTRAK has a habit of being LATE).

Edited by JohninDC