Carnival Pride

duegwb

I am looking to book a cruise for next August on the Pride. I know this is a smaller ship, what is the biggest difference between this ship and the bigger ones? Do you also feel the swaying more because it's a smaller ship?

Honestly, I felt more swaying on Carnival Dream and Freedom than I did on the Pride.

We were also there and sure was no fun with weather being so cold end of March but thought there was little movement of the ship.

We too were on the Repo cruise and I have heard this complaint from a number of people and the same question goes through my mind every time. Did you really think it would be warm in March in Baltimore? :rolleyes:

We had 13 days of awesome weather (14 if you count the day before in FL). It was a great cruise and the Pride is a really great ship. You will not be disappointed! :D

Then again we have sailed out of Baltimore in January and returned to a blizzard. lol. Part of living in the N.E. Next cruise on the Pride in February. Can't wait. Enjoy!

In January, 2016, I will be sailing on the Pride for the 5th time. I do love this class of ship. As many have mentioned, it is easier to get around and not as crowded as some of the larger ships. I have been on six other Carnival ships, and the Legend and the Pride, both Spirit class ships, are my favorites. We are doing the first leg of the Journeys cruise out of Baltimore and ending in San Juan, lasting 11 days. Can't wait. I have not been on the Pride since the new additions, and I am looking forward to seeing them very much.

• 4 weeks later...
the pride is a great ship especially now with the 2.0 improvements. i love the fact that it has one dining room so you can walk to the front of the ship from the back without having to go up or down a level to get around the galley like on some of the bigger ships. also it has a great serenity area with a bar a pool and two hot tubs.

the pride is my favorite ship!:D

We just sailed on the Pride Aug 9 with 4 grandkids and their parents. I agree with the above completely. the only neg was I didn't like the ports ,canaveral, bahamas, freeport and the green slide was never working. I would choose the other itinerary with MHC. Food was great, service was great.

We would not choose the Canaveral itinerary either.

But....there's also the Grand Turk, HMC and Freeport itinerary we are doing. Still not "snazzy" - but better than the Canaveral choice, in our opinion. [emoji6]

Totally agree. Cocoa beach is worthless, freeport time is worthless.

We just sailed on the Pride Aug 9 with 4 grandkids and their parents. I agree with the above completely. the only neg was I didn't like the ports ,canaveral, bahamas, freeport and the green slide was never working. I would choose the other itinerary with MHC. Food was great, service was great.

We were on the Aug 9 cruise too! :)

I am looking to book a cruise for next August on the Pride. I know this is a smaller ship, what is the biggest difference between this ship and the bigger ones? Do you also feel the swaying more because it's a smaller ship?

We just came off the Pride for the third time, and will sail the her again in late Feb. 2016.

The difference between the Pride and larger ships for us is that the larger ships have bumping cars, ice-skating rinks, and other venues that we really don't need. We're not traveling with kids. For those who are, I guess the bigger, the better. That's an advantage with the larger vessels; they cater more to families, and have plenty to keep everyone occupied. Also, I'm always thinking about emergency situations. If there was ever an emergency on a larger ship with 4,000 passengers vs. one with 2,500+ passengers and crew. I can visualize much confusion...yikes!! That's not to say we won't do a mega ship at some point. It's something we'll probably need to try since Spirit-sized ships will be a thing of the past.

The Pride is easy to navigate, never feels crowded, great crew, great price, and many other good things about it. The itinerary isn't the greatest, but it works for us.

As far as movement, I've been cruising for over 25 years, and most likely have my "sea legs," but, a long time ago on our first cruise, I felt all the movement of the ship, and I swore I wouldn't go on another cruise. Since then, I've taken along some Bonine for seasickness, just in case, but I actually don't really notice the movement any longer. On our Pride cruises, we had smooth sailing (twice in Feb., once in Sept.).

Have fun on your cruise!!

• 4 weeks later...
We too were on the Repo cruise and I have heard this complaint from a number of people and the same question goes through my mind every time. Did you really think it would be warm in March in Baltimore? :rolleyes:

We had 13 days of awesome weather (14 if you count the day before in FL). It was a great cruise and the Pride is a really great ship. You will not be disappointed! :D

Then again we have sailed out of Baltimore in January and returned to a blizzard. lol. Part of living in the N.E. Next cruise on the Pride in February. Can't wait. Enjoy!

I look forward to hearing about your experience when you return as we will be on Pride 2 weeks after. I have never cruised out of Baltimore nor have I ever cruised in February so I am not looking forward to being inside until it gets warm enough to enjoy the outside of the ship. Would like to hear how the 2 days at sea are at that time of year.

I look forward to hearing about your experience when you return as we will be on Pride 2 weeks after. I have never cruised out of Baltimore nor have I ever cruised in February so I am not looking forward to being inside until it gets warm enough to enjoy the outside of the ship. Would like to hear how the 2 days at sea are at that time of year.

Sailed out of Baltimore in January 3 times (2x on Carnival 1 on RCI). The first sea day was too cold for me to go out on deck and relax, although there were people out there sitting in the loungers covered with towels. There was plenty of inside activities and we enjoyed people watching. Although the inside of the ship is noticably more crowded, we enjoyed ourselves.

By mid-morning on the second sea day we were in warm weather and it was nice outside. Maybe not swimming weather, although some people were in the pool and my husband was in the hot tub. :D

The last sea day is hit or miss, two cruises it was pretty warm still, one it was cold. Again, we enjoyed ourselves.

I will definetly update when we return in February. :)

We love the size of the Pride (and her sister ship, the Miracle). Like the previous poster, we did the repositioning cruise in March 2015 and loved the ship - easy to find your way around and it's has Guy's Burgers!! We just booked another 14 day repositioning cruise on the Pride for February of 2017.

We haven't booked yet, but we plan on doing the 14-day Pride in 2/17. Love the Spirit class ships. We've been on Miracle & Legend.

We had a B2B booked in Feb. 2017 on the Breeze-then I saw the Pride repo and immediately switched. I like the itinerary and it was about the same price. My first cruise 10 years ago was on the Miracle so I am thrilled to be going back on the Spirit class. I have sailed the conquest and dream class, and, although they are very nice, I love the spirit best of all. Can't wait.:o

The Pride is bigger than the Sensation and Paradise though, right? Those are the only two ships I have been on.

Yes, the Pride is in the next class up from those ships (size wise). DW and I took our first Carnival cruise on the Pride back in August and loved it. My biggest issue with it (as many others have already stated) is the lack of itineraries. We did the HMC, Grand Turk, Freeport because we had already done one similar to the other offered out of Baltimore. Bottom line, I would sail the Pride again in a heartbeat. I don't really have anything bad to say about it. Are there things I wished were a little "better" or different? Of course! But they didn't make the ship for me, so that's to be expected. You will love the Pride and leaving in August you won't have to deal with the weather issues that can plague the Northeast from October through April.

We have been hearing reports that the Pride Halloween cruise, 10/31, had numerous technical problems: extended power outages and either no water or brown water. Passengers indicated that the crew would not/could not answer their questions about the problems. I have asked my Carnival rep for an explanation as we have a final payment issue on a Pride cruise approaching. No answer from her yet.

Anyone heard any of this?

We have been hearing reports that the Pride Halloween cruise, 10/31, had numerous technical problems: extended power outages and either no water or brown water. Passengers indicated that the crew would not/could not answer their questions about the problems. I have asked my Carnival rep for an explanation as we have a final payment issue on a Pride cruise approaching. No answer from her yet.

Anyone heard any of this?

I haven't heard anything about this. I was on the Pride twice this summer with no issues. Will be sailing again on Dec 6. Hope that this was a bad rumor. ;)

I haven't heard anything about this. I was on the Pride twice this summer with no issues. Will be sailing again on Dec 6. Hope that this was a bad rumor. ;)

No it's actually true unfortunately. We were on that cruise and there were quite a few issues. There was some kind of malfunction on the morning of the first sea day which put the elevators and A/C out of service for a few hours and soon after that the running water stopped working too. When it did come back it was pretty much sludge for a couple of days (at least in our cabin). Really dark brown and nasty. Water seemed to be on and off for a couple of days there too. Toilets also would stop flushing at times and some people had very strong sewage smells in their cabins. We didn't have the smell in our cabin but noticed it in our hallway (deck 6).

(Perhaps unrelated but at one point our toilet just started flushing continuously by itself for about 5 minutes - I don't even know why, we were sleeping in bed and woke up when it started doing it. By the time the steward came to the room it had stopped and as far as we know it didn't happen again. Just very weird!)

I don't think everyone on the ship was affected but there were many just on our our roll call. Some did go to guest services about it but were blown off. I had gone to see them about something else unrelated and found them to be really rude in general ( We had other peoples information and purchases in our cabin and all our information, FTTF details, fun shop purchases went to a totally different cabin).

Hopefully all the issues, including service issues, stemmed from the malfunction that happened that first day and everything is back to normal now. We were just on the Pride in July and had an amazing time. The ship was spotless and everything ran smoothly. One other thing we also noticed was that the MDR was really off this cruise too. The food quality on the whole was quite poor in comparison to July and the service was really bad for us in YTD. Again, this could have been something stemming from the water issue. Bad water supply would definitely impact the food preparation, which would then impact the delivery of food to tables etc.

Again hoping it was just a one off experience and all was fixed! Would love to hear back from people on the current cruise.