Princess is the Best cruise line ever....

Robroy

The best way to respond to that troll was to NOT respond at all...sort of the way you would handle a toddler's temper tantrum-just ignore it. Every view just gave him/her the attention they desired.

As for Princess being the best...it is certainly one of the best. I'm not a cheerleader, just honest, and Princess does many, many things very, very well.

Count me in as one of the Princess cheerleaders... 15 cruises so far and each one brings back fond memories... GO PRINCESS !!! :D:D:D

I have an idea....Why don't Princess Cheerleaders book a group cruise? Just think of how wonderful it would be....No lounge hogs, no complaining about missed ports or bad weather, formal nights with everyone properly dressed, the crew being treated with respect, auto tips left in place and then tipping extra, no jeans in the dining room, no saving seats in the shows, no unruly kids on board and evryone just being nice to each other.

OMG-I would pay extra for that!!!:D

Clearly you folks are all wrong. I fully expect my cabin on Grand Princess in December to have a replicator (the Star Trek kind, not the Stargate kind). If not, I'm getting off the ship immediately. Now, it may take 7 days to fully search the cabin but I'm willing to make that sacrifice in the name of science.

I have an idea....Why don't Princess Cheerleaders book a group cruise? Just think of how wonderful it would be....No lounge hogs, no complaining about missed ports or bad weather, formal nights with everyone properly dressed, the crew being treated with respect, auto tips left in place and then tipping extra, no jeans in the dining room, no saving seats in the shows, no unruly kids on board and evryone just being nice to each other.

OMG-I would pay extra for that!!!:D

Count me in.. :D

I can not wait to try out princess. I laugh when I read some of the reviews, because the reason people hate princess, are the same things we encountered on RCCL. Now these things did not ruin our cruise, in fact we almost booked it again, but heard such great things about princess we just had to try it.

Life is subjective you can choice to enjoy it or you can choice to be a person who is upset all the time. We also have to remember that everyone who works on the cruise is human. They are on the ship for months at a time and they are doing the best they can, some times things happen, dont we all make mistakes?

We consider the cruise ship as being the destination along with the islands. After our 1st cruise on Celebrity and then moving on to Princess, we are totally Princess fans. I look at other ships and just don't want to be disappointed. Why waste precious cruise funds on a different line when Princess suits us just fine.

After some 10 straight cruises on Holland America we finally took our first Princess cruise (Royal Princess) this past May 2005.

I admit, I was a little surprised at the smallish size of our cabin with balcony (no. 201 on Aloha deck). However, Princess quickly won us over. We enjoyed the friendly staff, we enjoyed our meals (we never darkened the dining room, but ate in the Lido every evening), and we thought everything was very well organized. We have booked for next August 2006 on the Golden Princess. We are even thinking of taking our third Alaskan cruise: in part, so as to go on Princess.

No regrets about HAL. No doubt, if the itinerary is right, we will go HAL again. But Princess now has our preference.

My first Princess cruise & I'm still going! Wow... I read that post yesterday... My first cruise was on the NCL Norway & we ALWAYS had to use the stairs! That ship had 2 lifts for a couple thousand passengers... I just thought that was the way cruising was 'posed to be. Now I feel spoiled when I get to use a glass elevator!

I didn't respond on that thread... but now I gotta... poor Jo! If I were her... I'd break that engagement promptly! Her fiance' sounds like a spoiled rich man who's used to having his way at the expense of others... I can't even imagine a future life with ... If he acts like that now, 3 years from now what's he going to be like? No wonder she was crying the whole time.

coming up, leaving in 4 days! Comforting to hear all the good things about princess for once. We were starting to get a little nervous after reading some of the bad things(NOT the post by the idiot with the crybaby wife or the one with the obsession with used condoms)

Even us virgin cruisers aren't that STUPID!

Okay I cannot resist.......Princess is one of my favorite lines. I can't imagine anyone having a bad Princess experience unless it was a sinking ship. My pity goes out to the "Half Empty Group" because nothing will ever measure up to their expectations. How sad. :(

We LOVE Princess! After our first few cruises we had already gotten hooked on cruising but not tried Princess yet. It actually happened totally by chance... I went on the Golden with my daughter and stayed in an inside cabin. It was the January after 9/11 and we decided we didn't want to leave our kids home alone (HS and college) and so my DH decided to stay home while I went with just one of them (daughter). Because of her college schedule, we had to change the date of the reservation and ended up changing the whole cruise because of the change in dates. It was a wonderful experience for all the reasons people have stated. After that week on the Golden, I really wanted to share the wonderful experience with my DH. He was so sold on the "Princess features" (24 hr food, fresh water pools, friendly casual atmosphere, classy feel) that we've never looked back. It will be really difficult for us to switch... as KC JAYS said:

Why waste precious cruise funds on a different line when Princess suits us just fine.

We totally feel the same way!

Reason...I like princess is the people and I mean the cliental.......I have had so many interesting conversations at PC dining...and I have found the ship to be good transportation to get me to the ports I want to go to...food and entertainment are not that important to me.....and rude people, that's life.

I can't figure out which posting this is in regard to.............but if it's the people who fled the ship before it left dock just because they couldn't get a massage...

well, when I read it I just thought..........."Someone is lucky to learn their intended is NUTS. Who'd want to live with someone like that for the rest of their life?":eek:

Does it occur to anyone else that the reason "Jo" was weeping all the way home was not because of anything Princess did, but because her obsessive, controlling fiance insisted on forfeiting thousands of dollars and an anticipated vacation over minutiae?

I would have cried all the way home, too ... all the while using all of that organization skill to "plan" the breakup....

I love our Princess cruises. As someone else said, nothing in life is perfect, but we've had nothing but great cruises with Princess. Wonderful enough that we have two more booked. There are so many reasons to love Princess. I love Anytime dining, the casual elegance, the great food, friendly staff, the list goes on and on...:)

Princess truly rocks!!!!

We have sailed most cruise lines and all had something special about them - but Princess' list far exceeds the others for all the things we like and are looking for in a cruise line. We can't wait for our 7th Princess cruise in 3 weeks time!

coming up, leaving in 4 days! Comforting to hear all the good things about princess for once. We were starting to get a little nervous after reading some of the bad things(NOT the post by the idiot with the crybaby wife or the one with the obsession with used condoms)

Even us virgin cruisers aren't that STUPID!

Wow only 4 days to wait , Have a great cruise. Please post a review when you get back. I am sure it won't be anything like the troll review.

Cori

It's gratifying to see that so many people take the time to make some positive comments in the face of some of the lunacy which we find from time to time on these boards. BDJAM certainly called it -bad news travels much quicker than good news and the complainers often feel it's their mission in life to let everyone within earshot hear all about their problems and how they've been wronged.

Ethel - I like your idea about a cruise for people who are for the most part really happy with the Princess product. You'd have to develop some type of whine test to screen out inappropriate people however. Imagine: no chair hogs/line jumpers/etc etc.....

Frankly in the face of what has happened to the poor people on the Gulf coast over the past month it's difficult to get worked up about anything as trivial any of the things the morons in the original post discussed.

At the end of the day, it's a vacation for all of us. We hope all of our expectations will be met and that the "speed bumps" (which are always out there somewhere!) will be small ones but again, how we deal with things is entirely up to us.

Personally, I plan to have as much fun as humanly possible on every Princess cruise I go on (comeon February....hurry up!!!) - why change now!

Cheers!

Rob

Princess must be a terrible cruise line because my parents have spent my inheritance (18 or 19 cruises, I lost count), and continue to do so, on them (I need to buy carnival stock)! They are so bad, we already have cruises 3 & 4 booked just to see if they are taking the comments I made on cruises 1 & 2 to heart and making improvements, as well as find out why mom and dad continue to pour my inheritance into the ocean.

Oh, and we're saving up for Alaska in 2007.

:D Haha.

Our family took our very first cruise on Princess in 2001. It was magical then and it continues to be our favourite vacation as a couple and a family. We are about to take our 7th cruise with Princess, and guess what?; we have only sailed with Princess. We have yet to find a reason to try another line. That says it all. Counting the days until we cruise again!

We have been on Celebrity, RCI, Crystal, and Princess. They were ALL very good in their own distinct ways. I also believe the experience is as much due to the ship and the crew as it is to the line. We would go any of them again. Princess was great, but it certainly was not the be all and end all or our cruise selection. For us, it is a function of itinerary, ship, and value for money. Competition is what makes these vacations better. Perhaps we have been fortunate, but we have found the crew on all of our ships to be first rate and friendly. Yes, there is always the odd one who has had a bad day or been 'barked' at by some unreasonable passenger but we have found them few and far between. Some of our fellow passengers have, quite frankly, been embarassing. We have heard some very feeble complaints and some bitter complaining at the most minor of issues. I often feel sorry for the crew....a minority of passengers seem to treat them like dirt.

Archived