Cabin Help!

purpletequila

its funny..on CC, BLU is hit or miss.....we love BLU and only reason we sail Celebrity is because of BLU.....1 has to keep in mind, only a small % of cruisers are here on CC......People that we have chatted with on the boat (again a very small %) enjoy BLU.....enjoy the service....smaller venue..many tables for 2 and many bigger tables for groups as well....anytime dining..... Food is a personal thing...1 person can love the item...the other hate it! 1 still has the option of going to the MDR (talk to the maitre d) We have only sailed Celebrity twice, and both times on the Silhouette and both times in Aqua and enjoyed BLU.......Nothign super special about Aqua cabins....they have the fancier extra nozzles, which I never use......We sail Aqua soley for BLU, but that is us,lol

Thx for the feedback.

I'm still not sure but we will probably keep the larger balcony because we don't care about Blu. We do, however, buy a spa pass for the week. But, we also have a $100 OBC that we'd lose, I think. ??

Does any one know if that sofa in the AQ room is convertible?

Thx for the feedback.

I'm still not sure but we will probably keep the larger balcony because we don't care about Blu. We do, however, buy a spa pass for the week. But, we also have a $100 OBC that we'd lose, I think. ??

Does any one know if that sofa in the AQ room is convertible?

ours on the silhouette wasn't...as there is a max of 2 per cabin in Aqua...

I would go for the larger balcony. We really don't care as much for Blu on Reflection as compared to Blu on other ships.

inlaws live in Middleton RI......Yes, there used to be a lo tof CC reports that stated BLU on Reception was super busy, as of the added suites......but has that changed now with suites having Luminea??

I should have specified that my question for the sofa is for an accessible aqua class. I know accessible do not ordinarily have full sofas so people can get around in their scooters etc and I read in a review that there is a "half sofa." My parents are currently in an accessible concierge which also seems to have a "half sofa" and that one turns into a bed. I am just thinking, wouldn't they all be the same or did Celebrity somehow order these, what seem to me to be bigger than average chairs, where some are convertible and some are not. lol

I know the max is 2 in aqua but my father has a mobility issue that also causes leg spasms so he needs the whole bed to himself. I called Celebrity but as usual, lol, got 2 different answers. At first, the rep was sure it converted. Then I asked if he was sure, he said yes. I explained this would ruin their vacation as my mother would essentially end up on a roll away if he was wrong and he double checked and suddenly, no. It is not convertible but she can in fact use a roll away bed.

My sister and I are in a 1A with the 9237 so it is currently the same price as aqua. An aqua accessible would actually be less than what my parents paid for concierge accessible but I don't know. Seems like there is not an option in this aqua room.

Anyone use a roll away with them? Are they awful?

I should have specified that my question for the sofa is for an accessible aqua class. I know accessible do not ordinarily have full sofas so people can get around in their scooters etc and I read in a review that there is a "half sofa." My parents are currently in an accessible concierge which also seems to have a "half sofa" and that one turns into a bed. I am just thinking, wouldn't they all be the same or did Celebrity somehow order these, what seem to me to be bigger than average chairs, where some are convertible and some are not. lol

I know the max is 2 in aqua but my father has a mobility issue that also causes leg spasms so he needs the whole bed to himself. I called Celebrity but as usual, lol, got 2 different answers. At first, the rep was sure it converted. Then I asked if he was sure, he said yes. I explained this would ruin their vacation as my mother would essentially end up on a roll away if he was wrong and he double checked and suddenly, no. It is not convertible but she can in fact use a roll away bed.

My sister and I are in a 1A with the 9237 so it is currently the same price as aqua. An aqua accessible would actually be less than what my parents paid for concierge accessible but I don't know. Seems like there is not an option in this aqua room.

Anyone use a roll away with them? Are they awful?

AQ is limited to 2 ppl/cabin. There is a half sofa, but it doesn't open. I think it's because they are trying to keep kids out of Aqua in general...so fewer kids (to none) in the restaurant, fewer kids (to none) running down the halls, etc. but that's just a guess why they did it. (Kids are allowed in AQ, if you purchase their own rooms or are part of any 2 ppl max AQ cabin).

IMO, Blu is worth it, and I would easily sacrifice for a smaller balcony. And, I find plenty of things wrong with Blu, but i know I'd find even more wrong with the MDR, and the personalized attn and intimacy of Blu is nice...the breakfast and fresh OJ are great too!

Edited by soxfan2013

We love all the perks of AQ the little touches like brewed ice tea in our cabin, the Persian garden and relaxation room are very nice. Blu is much nicer than the MD especially love breakfast there, a wonderful start to every day. And the footstool on the balcony we enjoyed alot

Will your parents be comfortable with 2 twin beds?

Bev

.....I know the max is 2 in aqua but my father has a mobility issue that also causes leg spasms so he needs the whole bed to himself.
If they have the beds separated, could he get by with the leg spasms having a twin-sized bed to himself so that your mother can also have a regular, comfortable bed to herself without any need for concern about getting kicked?

If they have the beds separated, could he get by with the leg spasms having a twin-sized bed to himself so that your mother can also have a regular, comfortable bed to herself without any need for concern about getting kicked?

She doesn't think so. He has a king to himself at their house so a twin would really be an adjustment he might not be able to make.

As far as I know no Aqua class sofas open to beds even in accessible cabins. Capacity of 2 with twins/convertible king bed.

The only way to ensure that there is a separate sleeping area for your father is to book a room that sleeps 3 or separate cabins for each of them and pay the single supplements.

I would also not switch to Aqua because the menus do nothing for me and don't find Blu to be worth the upcharge. Others love it.

Edited by notsomadhatter

How much time do you really stay on your balcony?

On our last Bermuda cruise on the Summit, we had the highly praised 1140 aft balcony; however, because it was very warm, we did't use it very much but we really enjoyed the quietness of Blu! as compared to the MDR or the Aqua Spa Café for dinners and breakfast.

We are booked on a large slant of the hump 1A balcony on the Equinox for a future Mediterranean and B2B TA cruise but would upgrade to an Aqua smaller balcony if it would be offered for a small additional fee.

Edited by vivi9909