Boarding passes

pizzadog

Could not find an answer to this question. Will HAL print airline boarding passes - we would really like to avoid standing in line in FLL. If not, has anyone ever been able to print airline boarding passes in an internet cafe at one of the ports of call? Thank you in advance for your answers.

Edited by pizzadog
incomplete question

I have printed them in the internet cafe onboard the ship, with no problem. You pay the normal printing costs . (?maybe 50 cents??)

Remember, for at least many of the airlines you can only print them 24 hrs before your flight, so cannot do it until the day before disembarkation. Also, I do believe that the internet may not be available the morning of disembarkation - but others will know if this is correct or not.

Since when cruising I always have at least one bag to check and I do not use curbside bag check, I have to go through the line anyhow so it really takes about 1 minute more to get my boarding pass at the airport.

If you have an internet package for your cruise, you can check in and print your boarding passes on board the day before your flight.

If the internet cafe has a print facility, you could also do it at a port of call the day preceding your flight. For example, a western Caribbean cruise stopping in Key West on your last full day, but there aren't a lot of cruises with a port of call the day before disembarkation.

Or, check in via your phone in the morning( when you'll be on your phone carrier's data plan), and print your boarding pass for free at the airport!

Depending on the provider, using the cell phone in the US can still be quite expensive for the OP and fellow Canadians, far more than for an American visiting Canada. I've a pretty decent package now for the US, but until a couple of years ago, my cell was turned off when outside Canada.

Edited by Fouremco

I wanted to print my boarding pass on the Veendam. I could not find a printer anywhere. I have printed the pass on other ships. There was no one around to ask.

There should have been a printer somewhere in the library. I don't like the fact that many ships no longer have an Internet person and the librarian works only a couple hours here and there throughout the day.

Maybe you could have had the front desk print your boarding passes??

There should have been a printer somewhere in the library. I don't like the fact that many ships no longer have an Internet person and the librarian works only a couple hours here and there throughout the day.

Maybe you could have had the front desk print your boarding passes??

There should have been but I looked all over. It was in Quebec City so I just went into the terminal and printed it to my iPad. I'm old school. I like that paper copy :D.

You can print your airline boarding passes in the Explorations Cafe if you have purchased internet time. There is a charge per page, but I don't know what it is now.

2 years ago it was $0.25 per page. The printer is usually somewhat obvious and just behind the librarian's desk. It is also somewhat noisy so listen for it when you hit print.

Edited by take us away

Consider "Luggage Direct", for $19.95 ,I think, they print your boarding pass and handle your bags thru to the plane. I've used it when ever it was available. But check you boarding pass, they did goof up one time. Somebody else with same name on the flight.

If you have a smartphone and phone service or Internet, many airlines allow you the option of a mobile boarding pass. No need to print. We do this all the time.

If you check in on a laptop, you can take a pic of the boarding pass including the bar code with your smartphone, and use that instead of a printed boarding pass.

Or as someone suggested, you can check in online and print at the airport, though we have not used a printed boarding pass in several years.

Edited by Viv0828

Consider "Luggage Direct", for $19.95 ,I think, they print your boarding pass and handle your bags thru to the plane. I've used it when ever it was available. But check you boarding pass, they did goof up one time. Somebody else with same name on the flight.

My understanding is that, as a Canadian flying into Vancouver, we can't use luggage direct even though we're flying Delta. We would love for someone to tell us differently:D

Thank you Cruz chic, I'm so pleased to have this info. I was told by another poster that I couldn't use luggage direct - so glad it's not true!

I think that used to be the case. I'm not 100 % sure it will be a go. You might want to check out fouremco's link.

Just got the following answer from the company handling Luggage Direct:

Thank you for contacting Bags VIP Luggage Delivery. I understand you are interested in using Luggage Direct and that your final airport destination is Vancouver. Unfortunately Luggage direct is not available when your final destination in an international flight outside the United States.

At least now we all have a definitive answer. Thanks for all your responses.

Just got the following answer from the company handling Luggage Direct:

Thank you for contacting Bags VIP Luggage Delivery. I understand you are interested in using Luggage Direct and that your final airport destination is Vancouver. Unfortunately Luggage direct is not available when your final destination in an international flight outside the United States.

At least now we all have a definitive answer. Thanks for all your responses.

Well that is just annoying. At one point they were doing it from Fort Lauderdale according to Hal. Maybe that was just bad info. Sorry about that.

Too bad. I really thought that you had a chance when I looked at the form Cruz Chic had posted and saw that there was a check box for international flights. Given their response, that must be an old form.

It was from the website that can't be named:D. I'm thinking that customers that fly delta is the USA can use it. Iirc it was the form from last year that POA had in one of his live from threads so I don't think it's that old.

Edited by cruz chic