Carnival Cruise Ship to Return to Mobile Port

LauraS

They could have at least gone ahead and announced which ship and where sailing or waited to announce it all at once, these Carnival teases get on my last nerve. Then people waste time and energy trying to analyze and figure it all out. :(

We cruised on a regular basis when Carnival was in Mobile. Have not cruised since but will happily resume when Carnival returns to Mobile. It is, by far, the easiest cruise port of any we have ever used. You exit right off the Interstate almost into the Port. Great parking right at the port..just take an elevator down to the terminal entrance. What great news for all of us in the Southeast!

They could have at least gone ahead and announced which ship and where sailing or waited to announce it all at once, these Carnival teases get on my last nerve. Then people waste time and energy trying to analyze and figure it all out. :(

It was the mayor of Mobile who releases the info, not Carnival.

If they really wanted to develop the market they would send something other than a 20 plus year old ship.

Well, I'm pretty sure that they are not going to send the Vista. Fantasy class ship are good for exactly that: to develop a market. Carnival will reintroduce cruising to Mobile scale without committing one of its newer or larger ships. And when (or if) these cruises are successful, we may eventually see a different ship. But I see Mobile like I see Jacksonville: A small port of embarkation for locals and first time cruisers looking to sail on a budget. Mobile will never become a Miami, Port Canaveral or even Galveston or New Orleans.

We sailed out of Mobile and New Orleans. Of the two I prefer Mobile due to being a little closer and as I remember (6 cruises later) it seemed to be easier for parking and getting on and off the ship. We parked at the pier so I never looked into stay and cruise hotels that let you keep your car there. Those are pretty easy to find in NOLA.

Sublarry

It is about 1.5 closer for us to Mobile. I hope they will do a 7 day run out of there instead of Progreso and Cozumel. I know we did Cozumel and I think Calica (Playa Del Carmen) on the Holiday from there not too long before they sold her.

Sublarry

Does it really matter which one? If they really wanted to develop the market they would send something other than a 20 plus year old ship.

I would happily sail on any Fantasy class ship out of Mobile. I hope we get one that has the balcony upgrade. We sailed on the Fascination last March on one of the aft balcony rooms. I would love to be able to sell in one of those rooms again.

I can't wait to find out when the ships will start to sail out of Mobile.

Great news! My brother lives in Mobile, so we'll have to plan a family cruise! The port area is beautiful.

As an aside, my brother got married last November at the exquisite Battle House Hotel in downtown Mobile. In one of their banquet rooms, they have a large mural of the city, which included a picture of a Carnival cruise ship at the port. I was sad at the time to know there were no sailings. I'm glad the hotel didn't paint over the ship in the mural. I guess they held out hope. ;)