Carnival Spirit - Cyclone Pam Class Action

I didn't see any mischievous avoidance, and gave a number of reasons why they don't appear to have a case. And agree with gut's assessment that it's a play to coerce a settlement.

I think Carnival will be dead keen to settle too.

The legal costs could be enormous, depending on how it runs. 2000 Plaintiffs is he number being tossed around, a lot of money.

By the same token damages arn't going to be huge either even if the plaintiffs prove their case.

The case itself looks hard, unless there is a mole who is prepared to say that the decision was made prior o departure.

I suspect it is going to come on to the Cyclone predictions at arious times during that first day, but all that evidence gathering is going to take a lot of money.

I keep coming back to damages though, what are they (even if they prove the case) ... The value of the chance to cancel the cruise and even before they get that far they will need to prove that they would have cancelled.

I wonder how many have actually signed up to the class.

I was on the Legend from the 6th - 15th March, we missed Isle of pines due to dangerous conditions, Lifou, Mare & Noumea were all as planned.

The wind speed varied between 60 - 80 km/h on the worst days.

The was a 2nd cyclone off the Queensland coast as well so with 2 cyclones in the region and cyclones being some what unpredictable as in this case forecast to go one direction then changing to another, I certainly wouldn't want to be sailing in that region.

I don't like their chances but like others have said, they are likely trying to get an out of court settlement.

• 2 years later...

does anyone know what the final outcome of this class action came to ?

looking at google search it was last in the news 2016-if some one can point me to were at cruisecritic the posts are it will make for a lazy aftenoons reading.thanks

does anyone know what the final outcome of this class action came to ?

looking at google search it was last in the news 2016-if some one can point me to were at cruisecritic the posts are it will make for a lazy aftenoons reading.thanks

My information is that it settled with the terms being confidential.

I have some grounds to believe that they got way less than initially offered.