cabin bags on debarkation day on Oceana?

Doughty3

Our Med fly cruise flight home leaves Genoa for Bournemouth in the afternoon.

Is there anywhere we can leave our cabin bags on board Oceana while we have a quick look at Genoa for a couple of hours?

Or will we be bussed to the airport early to wait for our flight for several hours?

We had a similar situation last year on Ventura. We were allowed to stay on the ship until it was time to leave for the airport but we had to be out of our cabins by 7 am and there was no facility to leave our hand luggage.

Things may have improved by now.

Why do you think that David?

Because they need to be sure everyone is off the ship and on the bus at the stated time. That's why they certainly would never provide luggage storage.

The last morning is for disembarkation not sightseeing.

David.

Because they need to be sure everyone is off the ship and on the bus at the stated time. That's why they certainly would never provide luggage storage.

The last morning is for disembarkation not sightseeing.

David.

P&O must be a pretty useless cruise line then. Thomson have flights home all day up until at least 9pm and you can go ashore if you want. They have a manned 'left luggage' area for hand luggage. If you wander off and miss your departure for the airport thats your problem!

P&O must be a pretty useless cruise line then. Thomson have flights home all day up until at least 9pm and you can go ashore if you want. They have a manned 'left luggage' area for hand luggage. If you wander off and miss your departure for the airport thats your problem!

It doesn't necessarily mean P&O are useless, just because their arrangements for an afternoon departure are different from someone else's arrangements for a 9 pm departure. Have you considered changing to another line?

You might do better to ask if P&O provide a place on shore to leave luggage. They won't let you back on board after disembarkation.

It doesn't necessarily mean P&O are useless, just because their arrangements for an afternoon departure are different from someone else's arrangements for a 9 pm departure. Have you considered changing to another line?

You might do better to ask if P&O provide a place on shore to leave luggage. They won't let you back on board after disembarkation.

Eh!. It is not me asking the question I was commenting.

IMO it should not be beyond the wit of man, or P&O to organise hand luggage storage for those with late flights.

Has anyone had a late flight home from Genoa/Venice and what happened on debarkation day?

ps - why would i consider changing to another line? just because P&O might have daft disembarkation arrangements for late flights.

I cannot see why Med fly cruises should be any different to Cartibbean fly cruises, and P&O always have some area designated for you to store hand luggage, and they allow you to go ashore as and when you want, subject to you being on the ship when disembarkation for your flight is called.

Eh!. It is not me asking the question I was commenting.

IMO it should not be beyond the wit of man, or P&O to organise hand luggage storage for those with late flights.

Has anyone had a late flight home from Genoa/Venice and what happened on debarkation day?

ps - why would i consider changing to another line? just because P&O might have daft disembarkation arrangements for late flights.

If you think a cruise line is rubbish, you wouldn't want to travel with them, I presume. Though as you're not the OP, then obviously my comment wasn't relevant to you anyway.

If it's a full turnaround day, then I would have thought P&O would want the old passengers off before letting the new ones on. They wouldn't, and probably couldn't, have twice as many passengers as usual, even if they're in port. Hand storage ashore is one thing, but allowing disembarking passengers to use the ship all morning (which is what the OP was asking about, not all day) on what is already a very busy day, would probably add disproportionate time and effort to P&O's arrangements.

If you think a cruise line is rubbish, you wouldn't want to travel with them, I presume. Though as you're not the OP, then obviously my comment wasn't relevant to you anyway.

If it's a full turnaround day, then I would have thought P&O would want the old passengers off before letting the new ones on. They wouldn't, and probably couldn't, have twice as many passengers as usual, even if they're in port. Hand storage ashore is one thing, but allowing disembarking passengers to use the ship all morning (which is what the OP was asking about, not all day) on what is already a very busy day, would probably add disproportionate time and effort to P&O's arrangements.

Have you actually ever been on a fly cruise with various charter flights from a number of UK airports, all arriving and departing at different times on turnround day?

If so you would understand that P&O do not try to operate the same system as they do at Southampton, or indeed a turnround or sector port where an overnight hotel stay is offered.

In fact they try to keep their returning passengers happy by allowing them to stay on board, if they wish, and even use the dining facilities when they have a late flight.