thanksgiving week -10day cruise...families???

newcruzer2

I normally would NEVER contemplate a holiday cruise because of the huge influx of children. But I'm wondering....there is a royal princess Nov 20-30 2015 cruise, because it's 10 days and does not conform to school closures

Do you think there would still be an abnormally large amount of children? As I wouldn't want to tarnish my 1st impression of princess with a bunch of added children.

Thank you for any friendly feedback.(no I don't hate kids just don't want to vacation with lots of them )

I normally would NEVER contemplate a holiday cruise because of the huge influx of children. But I'm wondering....there is a royal princess Nov 20-30 2015 cruise, because it's 10 days and does not conform to school closures

Do you think there would still be an abnormally large amount of children? As I wouldn't want to tarnish my 1st impression of princess with a bunch of added children.

Thank you for any friendly feedback.(no I don't hate kids just don't want to vacation with lots of them )

Probably more families. Why not try the Nov 30th or Dec 10th sailing?

I was on Ruby for seven days over Thanksgiving and there were plenty of teenagers. But only really noticed them wandering in packs on the two sea days.

In 2011 I was on Star for 10 days the week after Easter. In 2012 on Grand for 7 days the week before Christmas. Both had lots of large family groups, school schedules be damned.

I would expect the same for you.

I've been on at least 5, ten day cruises over the Thanksgiving holiday and can tell you that there were very few kids on board. The longer cruises tend not to have nearly as many kids on board, regardless of the time of year.

On a ship with a well-run kids' program, you probably wouldn't even notice too many children.

Just remember that there's always the possibility of home-schooled kids being on a cruise with you at any time (the family may be taking advantage of lower fares).

But if you want the odds with you, the first week of December is usually safe.