Best value drinks without UBP

GUEST080219

I hope i`m wrong on this one but the Martini flights are not available any more . They stopped them when they changed the drinks menu earlier this year . i checked when we were on the Epic in April and they were no longer available . hope they`ve reintroduced them . They still have the Martini tasting though .

I'm glad that we negotiated to buy a tray and 6 glasses to do our own Martini flights at home!

Good for dinner parties!:D

Does anyone know if they still have happy hour pricing in the Star Bar (or equivalent) from 4:30 PM to 6:00 PM? Last November on the Star, during happy hour, you could get 2 for 1 on Blue Moon Beer, Angry Orchard Hard Cider, and a couple of cocktails. You did not have to consume them in the bar, and you could ask the bar tender not to open them.

I would order 4 beers, drink 1 or 2, and bring the others back to my cabin for later.

If you like wine you can bring a bottle of wine with you. I know they say they charge $15 bucks corkage fee, but I don't think they do if you bring one. I know some people bring a few bottles and they charge you corking fee for each. I was just on the Gem, brought 1 bottle of wine with me, and no I did not smuggle it in. It was in my bag and it was clear for them to see that I had one bottle. They had not said a word to me.

If you like wine you can bring a bottle of wine with you. I know they say they charge $15 bucks corkage fee, but I don't think they do if you bring one. I know some people bring a few bottles and they charge you corking fee for each. I was just on the Gem, brought 1 bottle of wine with me, and no I did not smuggle it in. It was in my bag and it was clear for them to see that I had one bottle. They had not said a word to me.

You just got lucky. It happens sometimes. Usually the corkage fee is well enforced.

You just got lucky. It happens sometimes. Usually the corkage fee is well enforced.

Really? I guess a lot of people get lucky since I asked a few who were on a cruise who also brought one bottle with them and they have brought in a bottle many times and never were told to pay corkage. I guess it depends on the person who looks through the scanner what their mood is like at that time lol.

Does anyone know if they still have happy hour pricing in the Star Bar (or equivalent) from 4:30 PM to 6:00 PM? Last November on the Star, during happy hour, you could get 2 for 1 on Blue Moon Beer, Angry Orchard Hard Cider, and a couple of cocktails. You did not have to consume them in the bar, and you could ask the bar tender not to open them.

I would order 4 beers, drink 1 or 2, and bring the others back to my cabin for later.

I'm not sure about beer happy hour, but they did have "local cocktail hour" when we were in ports on the Jade. Didn't check them out because I was always cutting it pretty close to get back on board, but it was advertised in the dailies.