San Juan Hotel

blrucic

My husband and I will be sailing on the Dream Oct 15, 2015. Any suggestions of where to stay in San Juan? Also, How do you join the Roll Call?

thanks,

BR

El Convento is a step back in time to the elegance, style and ambience of OSJ

For a treat , dine at Marmalade with the wine pairing taster menu

:D

Also a short walk from a huge CVS

Edited by PORT ROYAL

The Sheraton in Old San Juan is directly across the street from the port. You can walk, even with luggage, to your ship. :)

http://www.sheratonoldsanjuan.com/

San Juan forum on CC.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=131

roll call

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2137676

Enjoy. :)

The ships don't always sail from the downtown port. Many leave from the Pan Am pier and that is not walkable from the Sheraton OSJ.

We have stayed there and were not impressed. It is a zoo on weekends and took forever to get our room. Just my opinion.

If you look for....

"Carnival Dream October 4, 2015 and October 15, 2015 "Carnival Journeys"

on that very popular social media site that starts with an F and ends with book you will find a roll call that has over 600 members and TONS of information about the Journeys cruise you are on.

We have stayed at Casa Blanca and Cervantes before. Both are located in OSJ and are easy walking distance to the pier (Cervantes is on the street behind the Sheraton but is much smaller and quieter). I highly recommend both. Check out my reviews below for more detail on each one. Happy cruising!

I am finding a nice CLASSIC hotel in OSJ that will accept a one night stay hard to find. A co-worker of mine suggested The Gallery Inn, but they have a 2 night minimum. Others I've found also require a 2 night minimum.

Something about staying in an old hotel, built over 300 years ago while in a town that's as old or older seems pretty intriguing to me. I don't mind taking a taxi to the Pan America Pier if I need to get to the ship. While in town, pretty much everything is within walking distance.

I'll be keeping an eye on this thread to see what others say.

I am finding a nice CLASSIC hotel in OSJ that will accept a one night stay hard to find. A co-worker of mine suggested The Gallery Inn, but they have a 2 night minimum. Others I've found also require a 2 night minimum.

Something about staying in an old hotel, built over 300 years ago while in a town that's as old or older seems pretty intriguing to me. I don't mind taking a taxi to the Pan America Pier if I need to get to the ship. While in town, pretty much everything is within walking distance.

I'll be keeping an eye on this thread to see what others say.

Friends stayed and reccomended

http://www.condadovanderbilt.com/default-en.html

We are talked into joining them at CV for two/ three nights on our next trip.

Another hotel for consideration.

Edited by PORT ROYAL

What hotels are within walking distance to Pan Am port?

It is possible to walk to the pier from all hotels, but some hotels are nearer than others. ;)

Best to stay at a decent hotel and take a taxi if one considers the walk too far.

Edited by PORT ROYAL

It is possible to walk to the pier from all hotels, but some hotels are nearer than others. ;)

Best to stay at a decent hotel and take a taxi if one considers the walk too far.

The Pan Am pier is not in Old San Juan. So it would be quite a walk from OSJ to the Pan Am pier. There are a couple of hotels and more being built near there. But I don't think it would be a good idea to walk to the pier. I believe there a fence along the entrance into the pier so you have to find the entrance first. Why don't you stay in nice hotel in Old San Juan and take a taxi to the Pan Am pier, since you mostly likely would be taking a taxi from one of the hotels closer to the Pan Am pier. Old San Juan is much nicer and has more restaurants.

• 1 month later...

Walk to the Pan American pier...NO don't :eek:.