Allure/ Oasis May 2016

fsuprincess

Hello everyone,

My husband and I are looking at the Allure or Oasis for next summer (May 2016). It will be the first time we take our little one and we usually book direct with the cruise lines. We are trying to keep costs down so I started looking at online TA's. I found a rate from the cruise critic search page (directed me to direct line cruises dot com), but I have never heard of them and am a little skeptical. They have the same cruse/cabin for over a thousand dollars less than RC. I tried calling RC but they won't match the price.

My questions are: which ship is better, the allure or oasis? Has anyone used this company? If anyone has a good online ta they can recommend, please let me know (I believe you would have to PM me, but I'm not sure).

Thank you in advance for the assistance!!

Hello everyone,

My husband and I are looking at the Allure or Oasis for next summer (May 2016). It will be the first time we take our little one and we usually book direct with the cruise lines. We are trying to keep costs down so I started looking at online TA's. I found a rate from the cruise critic search page (directed me to direct line cruises dot com), but I have never heard of them and am a little skeptical. They have the same cruse/cabin for over a thousand dollars less than RC. I tried calling RC but they won't match the price.

My questions are: which ship is better, the allure or oasis? Has anyone used this company? If anyone has a good online ta they can recommend, please let me know (I believe you would have to PM me, but I'm not sure).

Thank you in advance for the assistance!!

Discussing travel agents or agencies is against Cruise Critic policy.

And there is no PM function on Cruise Critic. I have a link in my signature, however. ;)

Edited by Merion_Mom

Sorry about that and thanks for the heads up! I thought if the site was on cruise critic it would be ok.... Any thoughts on the allure vs oasis?

To me, it's "six of one, half a dozen of the other" but others have stronger opinions on that topic.

Here is a recent similar thread:

http://www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2255582

... Any thoughts on the allure vs oasis?

They're both amazing.

Same price? I'd take Allure because of the broadway show: Mamma Mia. (Oasis has CATS)

Not the same price? I'd then go with whatever is cheapest.

Departure days also matter to some people. Oasis departs on Saturday. Allure on Sunday.

Thank you everyone. We want to go on this trip for our anniversary, otherwise we would wait until November and go for the Harmony.

When I spoke to the RC agent, she said that the company I was looking at buys bulk rooms, then re-sells them at a discounted rate. I just don't know..... maybe RC will have a really good sale coming up (like a kids sail free... probably not, but I can hope).

Thanks again!

Thank you everyone. We want to go on this trip for our anniversary, otherwise we would wait until November and go for the Harmony.

When I spoke to the RC agent, she said that the company I was looking at buys bulk rooms, then re-sells them at a discounted rate. I just don't know..... maybe RC will have a really good sale coming up (like a kids sail free... probably not, but I can hope).

Thanks again!

IMHO if it sounds too good to be true it probably is. There has to be something they arent including because as another poster stated TA are not allowed to discount the cruise price. What they CAN do is give you on board credit, free drinks package, gratuities or specialty restaurants. Call around to a few reputable agencies and see what they have to offer.

I've been on both Allure and Oasis and wouldn't necessarily have a strong opinion of one over the other. They are the same ship with only very minor differences so I'd go with the least expensive option. Take into consideration airline fare too since they sail on different days.

We booked directly with RCL but saved money by booking interior promenade room. It has a sofa bed and a Pullman bed. It just depends what's important to you (and if your little one is napping, you may want a balcony).

Enjoy your cruise. These ships look amazing.

Thanks again!

Could you go in April?