Huge price drop!

linkerbink

Great news! I'm glad I posted about the drop.

As an update....

She was able to snag the 1100 Aft cabin for her honeymoon. :D It's not the same sailing as yours, but the massive price drop applied to her as well. In the end with the price drop, the aft JS was the same price (maybe $100 more) than the E1 balcony cabin that she originally had booked. She's so excited!! Thank you again for posting!

I'm wondering if the price drops are due to the uncertain situation over there right now and people are either cancelling their cruise or just not booking. Since our cruise is 9 months away, there is plenty of time for Royal to assess the situation. I'm guessing they would just alter the itinerary to avoid potential trouble spots. It would still be a cruise to to an area we have been wanting to see.

• 4 weeks later...
What if you have paid the cruise up front do you still get some money back or some onboard credit?

If you ask for the drop before Royal's final payment date, they will credit you the difference. Not sure if it will be back to the credit card you used or in the form of onboard credit. You would have to ask.

As an update....

She was able to snag the 1100 Aft cabin for her honeymoon. :D It's not the same sailing as yours, but the massive price drop applied to her as well. In the end with the price drop, the aft JS was the same price (maybe $100 more) than the E1 balcony cabin that she originally had booked. She's so excited!! Thank you again for posting!

1100 is a great cabin with huge balcony! Love the Radiance class ships.

As an update....

Oh, wow! She got a great cabin! You are a good friend :)

I checked again recently and snagged a Military Discount...$27 (:D!) plus $100 OBC. My TA said I should hold off paying off the little I have left on the cruise because you never know if they will post another drop.

Yahooo for the price drop.

FYI it does not matter if your cruise is paid off before final payment or not for price drops to be enforced. What does matter is the due date for final payment to RCCL. Once that date is reached there are no price drops.

Congratulations. We are on the same cruise and a few weeks ago were able to upgrade to a balcony from an ocean view paying $100 less and getting an obc credit of $100. Tried to look again, but the website is down and our price monitoring website did not inform us yet of a price drop.

I don't think the problems in the region will impact our shore excursions and June is a long way off. Imagine the people whose Greek cruises start soon and when they booked months ago things looked safe.

Edited by 2CatsInFlorida

Yahooo for the price drop.

FYI it does not matter if your cruise is paid off before final payment or not for price drops to be enforced. What does matter is the due date for final payment to RCCL. Once that date is reached there are no price drops.

Right, we recognize that. I think she meant why pay ahead, when the final balance may end up even lower. She was funny though, she said who knows, the cruise may up being free! LOL!

I checked again recently and snagged a Military Discount...$27 (:D!) plus $100 OBC. My TA said I should hold off paying off the little I have left on the cruise because you never know if they will post another drop.

Right, we recognize that. I think she meant why pay ahead, when the final balance may end up even lower. She was funny though, she said who knows, the cruise may up being free! LOL!

Ah OK, it was a funny haha:D:)

Just for the heck of it, I checked my 2016 Greek island cruise to see if there were any price drops. Wow! Big difference! I called my travel agent right away, and she confirmed that I got a $2000 drop...sweet! So my balance due went from $2400 to $300. I've had price drops before, but nothing that big. It pays to check.👏

Hope you two have a blast. Miss y'all!! Hug your sister for me!

Yesterday checked the prices of our 2016 AK cruise and our category had dropped. Called RCI and after a bit of a kafuffle (had to make sure our OBC and VISA rewards credits didn't go away-they didn't) we got $340 off each of our 2 cabins!! As a bonus, the rep who finally took care of me was one of the most amazing reps I've ever had (and I sent an email to her supervisor telling him this too!) Great was to start a weekend! :)

Yesterday checked the prices of our 2016 AK cruise and our category had dropped. Called RCI and after a bit of a kafuffle (had to make sure our OBC and VISA rewards credits didn't go away-they didn't) we got $340 off each of our 2 cabins!! As a bonus, the rep who finally took care of me was one of the most amazing reps I've ever had (and I sent an email to her supervisor telling him this too!) Great was to start a weekend! :)

I LOVE to hear of all the price drops! Happy dances all around!