Best Stringray trip

koss78b2

I booked a three stop trip through Eco Tours. The biggest concern was our docking time which isn't until 10:00 AM. They were willing to accommodate that unusual time and still fit in Stingray City, Starfish Beach and one of the reefs for snorkling. We depart next week and we are really looking forward to Grand Cayman the most out of all three of our ports since we have never been there.

There are a LOT of Stingray City tour operators out there and a LOT of opinions on which one is the best. We've done a number of them. Something different each time.

I would recommend going with a company that has a smaller boat (vs. the ship tour) and gets out there early before the masses arrive.

We liked Buccaneer (Capt. Bryan's) & Stingray Sailing the best, but next time we may try the waverunners out to the sand bar. That's an option too!

There are a LOT of Stingray City tour operators out there and a LOT of opinions on which one is the best. We've done a number of them. Something different each time.

I would recommend going with a company that has a smaller boat (vs. the ship tour) and gets out there early before the masses arrive.

We liked Buccaneer (Capt. Bryan's) & Stingray Sailing the best, but next time we may try the waverunners out to the sand bar. That's an option too!

I have been to stingray city twice once on a catamaran and once using rave runners. Each experience was different and great. We relaxed on a sail on the catamaran and had a good rush using the rave runners. We snorkeled on both. I dont think i can ever do this tour enough:-)

Avoid going on one of those double-deck boats. They are really crowded! :eek:

We were on a sailing catamaran with the ship and so glad we were not on that double-deck boat.

Totally agree i saw that to when i was there, i was on a catamaran with about 20 people and that was just enough not to make it uncomfortable. My budget did not allow for the $400-500 private tour for only the 2 of us.

• 3 weeks later...
How much did it cost to go with Stingray Sailing? We used to go with an older guy years ago, but I can't even remember his name.

We have booked with them for December. It's $65 for adults and $45 for 12 and under. They require a $10 per person deposit, paid via PayPal. They ask that you wait until less than 90 days prior to your excursion to pay the deposit so that it can be refunded if your ship doesn't make it or it has to be cancelled for some other reason (PayPal rules).

• 2 weeks later...