Is Global Entry (trusted traveler status) available for use at any U.S. Cruise termi

bellasorella

I just got off another cruise today in Port Everglades. They had the signs for the Global Entry but the port personnel did not seem to know what to do. They kept saying "yes, go on the left", but basically I had to stay in the same line I was in until I got to the front at which point it divided. Then I went to the left as instructed. Only the left lane had the slowest of all the immigration officers! One of the port folks then brings others up to jump in the line (I assume because they were suite guests or just really good tippers) and THEN the guy says "oh, I should have had you jump up like they did". By that time I was next.

Anyway, what was interesting is that my having Global Entry did not seem to make once difference to the Immigration Officer. I mean I have never been interrogated so much before! He looked at my card, put it down and then goes through my entire passport and wants to know why I had been in the Middle East and how many years ago it was (it was like 6 or 8 years ago). I didn't mind and HOPE the extra security was due to recent events. But I did find it fascinating that I was interrogated so much when I have already gone through the previous screening which makes me a "trusted traveler" to begin with. Oh, and by the way - this was not profiling. I am a white American.