Can I bring Wine and pop on the Independence ?

thesawch

Coming over to RCCL after 7-8 Carnival cruises. With Carnival I could bring 1 bottle of wine on board per person and a 12 pack of cans of pop . When I booked this cruise on the Independence for feb 2016 I forgot to ask about this. So my question is can we bring a bottle of wine each and a case of pop with us without paying any fees or corkage fees . Thanks in advance

Officially you are allowed 2 x 750ml bottles of wine per stateroom.

While officially prohibited they usually don't worry about you bringing on a reasonable amount of soda.

Royal has no corkage fees and you are free to consume your wine in any venue aboard the ship including the dining rooms.

Edited by Ourusualbeach

Going on Indy next Sunday and was planning on bringing on a wrapped 12 bottle pack of propel. Can I bring this in my carry-on? Thanks for your help! 😊

You will probably not be prevented from carrying that on.

They *may* ask you to open a bottle - or more than one bottle - to prove that there is no alcohol being smuggled. ;)

Just got home from the Independence. Slapped a luggage tag on a 12 pack of Diet Pepsi and it was delivered. 2 cans were punctured, but the rest survived. I would get plastic bottles, or just be prepared to have your cans beat up a little. No big deal.