which hotel for one day and night before port Everglades departure

Laurba99

I was unhappy with my choice of hotel before cruising out of port canaveral so asking in advance for a hotel near port Everglades. we fly in the morning before so we could stay

on the beach as we may have time to enjoy the hotel before cruising the next day but I'm

also open to a simple

clean nice hotel near the port. I do want one that provides a shuttle to the port and ideally will

also pick up from fort

lauderdale airport.

www.sunny.org has lots of FLL area tourist and hotel info.

We typically stay at the Embassy Suites - close to the port, shuttle if you want (taxi is cheaper ;)), lots of dining options close by, nice pool area, great breakfast and free happy hour! :D

When do you cruise? Rates vary wildly by season. Budget? :confused:

The beach hotels don't have shuttles. Some of the hotels near the port have airport shuttles and charge for port shuttle. Airport area hotels sometimes offer both at no charge.

It would be a shame to choose a hotel for a shuttle because there are so many other things to consider. Taxis are easy to come by and Uber might even be an option by the time you arrive.

What was it that you were unhappy with regarding your hotel in Port Canaveral? That might be a clue so we can help you.

I was unhappy with my choice of hotel before cruising out of port canaveral so asking in advance for a hotel near port Everglades. we fly in the morning before so we could stay

on the beach as we may have time to enjoy the hotel before cruising the next day but I'm

also open to a simple

clean nice hotel near the port. I do want one that provides a shuttle to the port and ideally will

also pick up from fort

lauderdale airport.

Try pricing Embassy Suites at www.lmtclub.com (usually free membership just go through the sign up process. We have usually gotten our best rates this way.

Try Hyatt Place at www.valuetrips.com

Both properties are in a great location.

Enjoy !!

We're booked at Hyatt 17th Street Convention thru Value trips. Rate is $154.29 including taxes and they have a free airport shuttle. Figured we'll get a taxi to the port. Lots of shopping and restaurants to walk to. Total Wine is close by to get your 2 bottles of wine to carry on if you wish!!

We've stayed in Dania quite a bit, and several times at Embassy suites. Next time were doing the budget thing and staying at Sleep Inn at Dania. They have an airport shuttle and breakfast. We'll take a cab to port, and for dinner the night before we'll probably order in. We have to stay over in Chicago the night before so 2 nights in a hotel pre cruise is plenty expensive. We stayed in a Sleep Inn near the airport in Seattle last summer and it was pretty nice and the most reasonable decent hotel we could find. I didn't regret it one bit. I hope this one will be nice too, but its only one night, so I think its worth the savings. February is an expensive time to stay in Florida.

thank you! a couple things.. we have stayed once at courtyard by Marriott by the port which was fine and the shuttle people who got us to the port were nice so I'm definitely open to staying there again. we took a cab and it was scary. the driver would not speak to us and drove so fast. I felt

crying it was just so out of control. I felt

like it was a miracle

when we got to the hotel.

I stayed at the Radisson by the port canaveral and jt just didn't seem

like the best choice for

a night before cruise hotel. the buildings

are spread out and the doors open up to

the outside which I hate. this time

we are not coming in the night before so we could use the pool or stay by the beach (if that still isn't too far from the port in Fort Lauderdale). I'm open budget wise I don't want the cheapest and I don't need the four seasons either ;)