Lost items

chichigirl

Has anyone ever lost anything on a ship before and had it turned into guest services and returned by Carnival?

Nope and I've lost two pairs of sunglasses, my pair of actual glasses and a pair of my son's flipflops. Nothing was ever turned in and the only thing I was upset about was my glasses, since I'd just gotten them a few months before. Because I had just gotten glasses, insurance wasn't about to pay for new ones:( and I ended up getting some real cheapies from WalMart that I've regretted ever since.

I lost a ring while out and about on the Freedom a few years ago. I had put it in my pocket while putting on sunscreen (dumb, dumb, dumb :eek:). Somewhere on one of the public decks, it fell out of my pocket. A very sharp-eyed and honest girl found it and turned it into guest services. I almost didn't bother asking at guest services as I couldn't imagine it would be found, let alone turned in. But after I described it, the guest services rep brought it out to me, carefully wrapped in tissue.

I felt very lucky. I have read many stories on these boards with less happy endings.

On a positive note, I found a single diamond earring in the laundry room on the Breeze and turned it at Guest Services. They took all of my information and the location I found it but I never heard back from them if anyone claimed it. On a negative note, I forgot my brand new James Patterson book in a chair and when I came right back to grab it, it was gone. I went to Guest Services and the Library several times during the week but no one turned it in. I guess who ever grabbed it loved James Patterson too :)

Edited by dchoney

On my cruise in May, on the Sunshine, I found a iPad, iPhone, nook and a kindle. I couldn't believe it, every time I turned around, someone had left something. Funny thing was, the iPad was a $1000 work iPad. The guy was so excited that I had turned it in to GS's he gave me $20. He said I saved him a $1000 and his job...not sure if the rest of the stuff made it back to the owners or not. [emoji41]

I've never lost anything to date. I put a luggage tag on my tote, my camera case - in the event I leave it somewhere, hopefully I will get it back. We did find some sunglasses once & turned them in to GS. Hopefully the owner got them back.

Last year my son lost his wallet with cash and his s&s card in it on day 1 of the cruise. He immediately went to gs to see if it was there. It ws not. He back tracked his steps for the day no luck. Day 2 he again went to gs 3 times no luck. Day 3 returned gs and they had it, money in tacked. He was very lucky some honest person found it and turned it in.

Edited by Ahays00

I once left my U.S.M.C. baseball cap, covered with Carnival, and other cruising pins, aboard ship, and I figured it was LONG GONE. When we returned home, I called Carnival just in case, and they told me it would take a while, if found, to get to lost and found in Miami. After about one month, they called me to verify the address, then shipped it to me OVERNIGHT. GREAT SERVICE IMO.

"SKY"

Thank you so much for your replies, it gives me a little hope that I will hear from Carnival in a few weeks that they have sound them. I had just bought them several days prior to sailing and they cost a dew $$ and were one of my favorite pair of glasses. Thank God for honest people.