Late Night Room Service Fee?

cle-guy

Not an economic guru, but don't think paying $2,000 more for an Oceania cruise in order not be have to pay a $3.95 late night room service fee makes much sense.

You get what you pay for and on Celebrity that is becoming less and less unless your in a suite. Ship within a ship and I don't like the class system they are creating within their own ships.

They can't be all things to all people. Celebrity should select where they want to be as a cruise line and be willing to lose customers who can't afford their product rather than cut corners and nickle and dime everybody.

I'm not sure what the issue is. Even 5 star rated hotels add on a late night service charge for room service a certain time. Example: Four Seasons Hotel from their website for meals served in room between 11pm and 6am - A 16.5% service charge & 2.5% administrative charge plus $6 delivery will be added to your check. And some don't offer room service after a certain time at all.

Some people will just have to get used to the change and some will continue to not utilize this service.

sent from my OnePlus One

You get what you pay for and on Celebrity that is becoming less and less unless your in a suite. Ship within a ship and I don't like the class system they are creating within their own ships.

They can't be all things to all people. Celebrity should select where they want to be as a cruise line and be willing to lose customers who can't afford their product rather than cut corners and nickle and dime everybody.

It would seem they have selected where they want to be as a cruise line. What makes you think they are stumbling around that question, unable to choose?

Personally, we would much rather cruise on a cruise line that gives us reasonable prices to start with and then lets us pick and choose which upgrades we want. It seems to suit a lot of people also, because their ships are sailing full and their company is making profits!

Not an economic guru, but don't think paying $2,000 more for an Oceania cruise in order not be have to pay a $3.95 late night room service fee makes much sense.

And certainly nobody, including me, said this.

With a bigger time frame however, the entire decline over the past years along with prices which increase, we got annoyed of the constant "modern luxury" news. Still, they will have their target group.

What makes you think they are stumbling around that question, unable to choose?

Seems to me they continuously change their policy and make people pay for what was previously included while at the same time create this fabulous environment restricted to only those who are willing to pay more thus creating two ships in one space. May as well put gates on the stairs and require a special key to pass by.

Be one thing or the other but if you try to appeal to everybody you are eventually doomed for failure as each group will resent the others presence. History has clearly shown that to be fact.

Which would you rather, a fee for late night room service or a cut in other services/quality?

I didn't realise that Celebrity were in such financial trouble they needed to cut services/quality elsewhere.

You know, sometimes price rises can be just done to increase profit.

(Or for other reasons, like discouraging demands on off-shift staff.)

I didn't realise that Celebrity were in such financial trouble they needed to cut services/quality elsewhere.

You know, sometimes price rises can be just done to increase profit.

(Or for other reasons, like discouraging demands on off-shift staff.)

An if they cant make a profit then they wont be sailing at all.

An if they cant make a profit then they wont be sailing at all.

Nope. But there's no issue with them not making a profit at the moment.

And if you think that introducing a late night room service charge will suddenly make them unprofitable, I suggest you not follow a path as a financial analyst.

Nope. But there's no issue with them not making a profit at the moment.

And if you think that introducing a late night room service charge will suddenly make them unprofitable, I suggest you not follow a path as a financial analyst.

Haha. Good one. Plus the corporation is RCCL, and Royal has been charging for a couple of years and I'm sure they already know how much money they'll save

11:00 pm to 6:00 am, they just need to shut down the kitchen. That would stop all this! As if there ain't nuff food available the other 14 hours a day.

Just how much hand n foot, serve ME should be needed? Someone wants a baked potato at 4:00 am? Really!

Just wanted to check is there a limit on how many items can be ordered on a single 4.95 ordering? Wondering if in some circumstances it leads to additional wastage since those ordering will try to get 'their monies worth' in otherwise free food.

Even saying that surely Celebrity has identified that labour cost savings are more likely the big saving with less runs up, down and across the ship

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk