Barcelona Transatlantic in November, 2015

mm&jjm

Does anyone know how to go about getting a transfer from the airport to the port and also from the airport to the Las Ramblas area. We arrive into Barcelona at 8:00 a.m. and cannot board the Riviera until 1:00 p.m. Thinking of doing a little sight seeing before. Thank You.

Does anyone know how to go about getting a transfer from the airport to the port and also from the airport to the Las Ramblas area. We arrive into Barcelona at 8:00 a.m. and cannot board the Riviera until 1:00 p.m. Thinking of doing a little sight seeing before. Thank You.

Barcelona Day tours will pick you up at airport, do a city tour then drop off at Ship. Google them, they have tons of options ad are very reliable. You might want to check the roll call for your sailing

We always just take a cab ...

Yes, you can pre-order a car service, I'm not sure which way is more cost effective. We once flew in to Barcelona fairly late at night and reserved a van (the company no longer exists) which was a very reasonable price.

Pre-booking a car may make sense if you want to go from Point A to Point B and THEN from Point B to Point C.

If you travel better than I do on an overnight flight, you'll be alert for morning touring ... I'd be staggering! (Then again, I wouldn't want to sit at the port for 4 hours before I could board the ship either!)

And if this is your first visit to Barcelona, you DO want to see at least some of it. Is there a possibility that you could come in a day or two early? That is what I would recommend ... Barcelona is such a fabulous city that trying to see something in 4-5 hours is just a bare taste. (I am well aware that not everyone -- especially people who are still working -- has the ability to add on a couple of days pre- and post-cruise.)

Watch your purse!! There is a reason why they are called "Barcelona Scams" even though the scams are common to many other areas as well.

Mura

It sounds like you are on the Riviera for Nov. 18th? If I guessed right then..

We have someone on our roll call arriving early and looking to "join forces".

come and join us - http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2057358&page=19

We have a great roll call and some nice stuff planned and in the works.

just click the link and come join us.

We always just take a cab ...

Yes, you can pre-order a car service, I'm not sure which way is more cost effective. We once flew in to Barcelona fairly late at night and reserved a van (the company no longer exists) which was a very reasonable price.

Pre-booking a car may make sense if you want to go from Point A to Point B and THEN from Point B to Point C.

If you travel better than I do on an overnight flight, you'll be alert for morning touring ... I'd be staggering! (Then again, I wouldn't want to sit at the port for 4 hours before I could board the ship either!)

And if this is your first visit to Barcelona, you DO want to see at least some of it. Is there a possibility that you could come in a day or two early? That is what I would recommend ... Barcelona is such a fabulous city that trying to see something in 4-5 hours is just a bare taste. (I am well aware that not everyone -- especially people who are still working -- has the ability to add on a couple of days pre- and post-cruise.)

Watch your purse!! There is a reason why they are called "Barcelona Scams" even though the scams are common to many other areas as well.

Mura

I SO agree with this. Barcelona is a fabulous city with so much to see. We have been there many times and sometimes for a week at a time and it still remains one of my favourite pre/post cruise spots. It is incredible with the Barri Gottic for those that want to discover things, Las Ramblas, Gaudi's incredible masterpieces, the list just goes on. It is certainly worth a few days stay. (not to mention getting over jet lag).

We are Rita and Bill, St. Marys, GA. This will be our 12th Oceania cruise, and we will be continuing on a "back-to-back" from Miami to the Caribbean. In our opinion, Oceania is a magnificent cruise line in almost all respects, but we have had better success in booking shore excursions privately rather than through Oceania (smaller groups, better options, better price), usually with one to three other couples. If anyone is interested in sharing shore excursions with us, please contact me at brucewr@comcast.net.

Rita and I look forward to meeting all of you. Bill (Daddy Long Legs)

We are Rita and Bill, St. Marys, GA. This will be our 12th Oceania cruise, and we will be continuing on a "back-to-back" from Miami to the Caribbean. In our opinion, Oceania is a magnificent cruise line in almost all respects, but we have had better success in booking shore excursions privately rather than through Oceania (smaller groups, better options, better price), usually with one to three other couples. If anyone is interested in sharing shore excursions with us, please contact me at brucewr@comcast.net.

Rita and I look forward to meeting all of you. Bill (Daddy Long Legs)

Bill, you will have much better luck posting this on your roll calls. That is the place to post private tours by CC rules.

I put the link to the November 18th sailing in post #4 and I suspect your other segments will be easy to find on the Riviera Roll Call listing.

I know there are lots of private tours planned on our roll call at least and that has historically been the case on the roll calls I have been on in the past.

Bill, you will have much better luck posting this on your roll calls. That is the place to post private tours by CC rules.

I put the link to the November 18th sailing in post #4 and I suspect your other segments will be easy to find on the Riviera Roll Call listing.

I know there are lots of private tours planned on our roll call at least and that has historically been the case on the roll calls I have been on in the past.

Thanks so much. I thought I was on the Nov. 18 thread; and I now have posted to the link which you kindly furnished to me. Have a great cruise. Bill (Daddy Long Legs)

Thanks so much. I thought I was on the Nov. 18 thread; and I now have posted to the link which you kindly furnished to me. Have a great cruise. Bill (Daddy Long Legs)

You are very welcome. and I am glad you found us :)

and of course, you have a reply :)

Looking forward to meeting you on board!