Missed ship... Can I board at first Port of Call?

landlady1952

We are all set. Two of us boarding in NY. Third will join us in Boston after funeral. Have it in writing so we are good to go. Thanks everyone for all your help.

I just want to thank all the people at Carnival, especially Carolina Ferrer from Carnival's Corporate Office for making it all possible for me to join the cruise in Boston. Everyone was more than helpful and once in Boston I boarded with no problem. Daria and Elena at the front desk were so helpful with getting me all the necessary paperwork once on board. Yes, I had to pay the fine of $300 because of the Jones Act. There was no way around it. I tried.

Also, debarking from the ship back in NY was a breeze too. I was first off the ship and Elena sent me to a special customs officer to answer why I embarked in Boston and not NY. When I told them the reason, he was very nice and waved me through.

So if you ever have problems, call the corporate office directly and deal with someone with authority. It was well worth it.

It's actually because of a death in immediate family. Scheduled to sail Sunday. Funeral us Monday. Could make it to Boston on Tuesday, first port of call. Would lose 100% of cost of cruise if I can't pick up in Boston. Thanks everyone for your input.

Please let us know how it turns out. Good luck. Sorry for your loss.