First time on Holland America--any tips?

Nebr.cruiser

Further (and we do this at least once a cruise), you can call room service for dinner and ORDER OFF OF THE MAIN DINING ROOM MENU for that evening. You do have to call the first hour the main dining room is open, but your dinner can be delivered at any normal dining time (5:30 - 8 PM I think). Try this on another cruise line! This works great if you just do not feel like going out on an evening, or perhaps if you are not feeling well. Or maybe just for a "special" intimate dinner?

See you onboard!

Dave

Is full meal dinner room service all rooms, or just Pinnacle & Neptune Suites and up.

So, for the $7 a day unlimited cleaning, you can pick it up anytime during your trip? That seems to good to be true, since I would guess people would just sign up their last day...

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

You know, if you don't have loads of laundry, the pay-by-the-bag is a great deal at $20. You can stuff a heck of a lot into that bag by rolling and stuffing.;) And it all comes back either folded in a basket or ironed on hangers (shirts etc).

Totally biased here as I only cruised on HAL.

The ship sizes are not too small, not to big, the folks are mostly 50 and up, and not too many kids.

Food is good, service is good, cabin space for the cost is good.

All around all good....unless you are unlucky enough to have a balcony next to a chain smoker ;) But the odds are small.

I compare itineraries, and prices to other cruise lines, and HAL always comes up on top for me.

JMO

Edited by jpelleti007

You know, if you don't have loads of laundry, the pay-by-the-bag is a great deal at $20. You can stuff a heck of a lot into that bag by rolling and stuffing.;) And it all comes back either folded in a basket or ironed on hangers (shirts etc).

Unless you can stuff 4 days worth of laundry in the bag, unlimited is a better buy. And, remember, you can send out multiple bags per day with unlimited. On a 7 day cruise we'll usually send out ~10 bags.

We have just booked 24 night Mediterranean Magic for August next year which is on Oosterdam.

Someone mentioned on this thread earlier that the aft pool is adults only ..... is this correct as we will be travelling in the prime school holiday time in Europe, so this would be a great location to get away from the excited children.

Does anyone know where? Would love the crab eggs Benedict.

Oh my I cant wait till we cruise on the Eurodam in May, I love crab.

Also where do they have the after dinner chocolates on the Eurodam - sorry first time HAL cruisers here.

Chris

PS I am drooling with all this yummy food talk:)

Also where do they have the after dinner chocolates on the Eurodam - sorry first time HAL cruisers here.

If you're going to find them at all' date=' the chocolates will be in the Explorers Lounge. But you have to get there early these days! They are long gone by the time I come out of dinner.

We have just booked 24 night Mediterranean Magic for August next year which is on Oosterdam.

Someone mentioned on this thread earlier that the aft pool is adults only ..... is this correct as we will be travelling in the prime school holiday time in Europe, so this would be a great location to get away from the excited children.

While there is a sign stating adults only, it is not strictly enforced.

If you're going to find them at all, the chocolates will be in the Explorers Lounge. But you have to get there early these days! They are long gone by the time I come out of dinner.

That would be right Ruth. I have given up chocolate to try and lose weight before our cruise..............I dont think I will bother racing to the Explorers Lounge in the hope that there may or may not be a chocolate involved.

Hopefully I will have been without chocolate long enough by then to be blasé about such things..................mmmmmmm pigs might fly too

Chris

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

FWIW, on the Nieuw Amsterdam, the Eggs Benedict station didn't offer all the kinds of Benedict each day. They had the standard with Canadian bacon every day, and then one rotating special. So one day they'd have spinach, the next day smoked salmon, etc. They would sub any ingredient they had, and they had a fairly wide variety of British-style breakfast food there, but they didn't seem to all the potential ingredients, like crab, every day.

It was still a very nice breakfast every morning. Plenty of options. And we ordered hot breakfast in our room one morning, and it was really nicely put together. Everything was hot and fresh. Except the cold items, naturally. :)