First timer

leongcpa

Hi,

I just signed up my wife and I on our first Star Clipper cruise to the eastern Mediterranean. We have cruised on the bigger ships before with NCL, Royal Carribbean, and Celebrity, but we have no experience with sailing.

Would you guys have tips for us newbies? Or anything else we should think about?

Thanks!

We did the Venice to Athens itinerary this July. My best advice is to throw out any notions of a regular cruise and just enjoy. You will feel like you are sailing with a bunch of friends. But the good stuff about cruising, an attentive cabin steward, friendly bar tenders, and hard working waiters who want to please are all present.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Water sports can depend on where you are sailing.

For example, in the Pacific, along the west coast....too many waves. Snorkeling usually not offered because of all the churn beneath those waves: you just can't see much at all, if there is anything to see.

If water sports are important to you, it's best to ask before you book.

Edited by SailorJM

You didn't have the water sports team onboard? Which itinerary?

We had a water sports team aboard but I do not think that they knew too much (very young guys and I will not mention what are tablemates nicknames they gave them). Maybe it was their first trip. Also, the excursions that they had were not very exciting.

Next time it will be the Caribbean.

I did like the ship so we may try it again or maybe windstar.

We had a water sports team aboard but I do not think that they knew too much (very young guys and I will not mention what are tablemates nicknames they gave them). Maybe it was their first trip. Also, the excursions that they had were not very exciting.

Next time it will be the Caribbean.

I did like the ship so we may try it again or maybe windstar.

The water sports crew can only do what the port master allows them to do.

We were on the Venice- Athens itinerary. Some ports allowed them to use the motor boat for water skiing while others such as Dubrovnik and Corfu allowed no water sports. They also offered kayaking and paddle boarding. They also took the pax via zodiac to beaches.

Windstar is not an actual sailing ship like a Star Clipper ImageUploadedByForums1444956024.193751.jpg.06505a66245867437d3746f132f06c09.jpg the sports team also supervises the climbing of the mast.