My Time Dining

avn2525

I just got set with My Time Dining on the Adventure of the Sea next week. I have never had my time dining before, so I have a couple questions.

1. Do I need to make reservations? I looked on the cruise planner to do it, but there are no times around 7pm which is when we were hoping for.

2 If you can just show up, what would the wait time be like?

3 do you get the same waiters and table each night with my time?

Appreciate any help or advice.

You are not required to make reservations.

You may or may not get the same waiters.

Most people report little or no wait time, but it could be different on your cruise.

Thanks for this info.

If no times are showing up to reserve at 7online, can we still show up at that time and get a table?

Thanks for this info.

If no times are showing up to reserve at 7online, can we still show up at that time and get a table?

Yes, though there may be a wait. Try to get reservations when you get on board the ship. Go to the entrance to the dining room.

1. No, I never make reservations. Its first come, first served though, so think of it like any other restauraunt. If you come at a busy time, expect to wait.

2. Usually when I go, around 9pm the wait is approx 5-15mins. Around 6pm, I'm told, its as long as 30-40 minutes or so, but like everything it depends on the day. What shows are playing? Port day or sea day? I'm never hungry that early, and if I were, I'd grab a hotdog. Problem solved.

3. No. Different waiters, different tablemates. I'll even go a step further and say that the waiters treat MTDers differently, too for that very reason.

We always make reservations though the cruise planner. We set the time to 6pm for every night since we have a toddler. Once on board it's one less thing we have to worry about. There's never a wait if you have reservations. Oh and we got the same table and waiters for all 7 nights

I don't think 7 pm is ever offered online…..well at least not in my experience and I've booked dining as soon as it has opened.

You may want to book a time as close to the time you want and then try to change it when you get onboard. Some dining times are more popular than others. If you wait you may be disappointed.

Of course you can always just walk up when you want and be seated.

Some people are planners (me!) and want the same time each night…..others would rather go when they want.

We always make reservations though the cruise planner. We set the time to 6pm for every night since we have a toddler. Once on board it's one less thing we have to worry about. There's never a wait if you have reservations. Oh and we got the same table and waiters for all 7 nights

If I make reservations and then we do not make it at that time for some reason, what happens, can we just show up later?

I want to have freedom to eat when we want, but do not want to have to wait for 40 minutes either.

If no times are showing up to reserve at 7 online, can we still show up at that time and get a table?

Our strategy is to arrive at an off-peak time, such as 7:09 or 7:52 or something like that. People seem to like to go on the hour, half hour, even quarter hour. Showing up without a reservation (and everyone is correct, you do not need to reserve) at a quirky time might work for you. ;):D

If I make reservations and then we do not make it at that time for some reason, what happens, can we just show up later?...

If you make reservations, and cannot make it, it would be polite to call them and cancel your reservation to free up the table for someone else.

On our B2B cruise on the Mariner we found a waiter we liked a lot and requested her for the next 3 weeks....we got her every night but one when her station was full, and she came over and checked on us to see that we were being treated well. We gave her our WOW card both cruises. :)

We made reservations on line, but we changed them once we got on board, for around 7:30 pm. We never waited for more than 15 minutes, usually it was more like less than 5 minutes.

As someone mentioned before, they have 2 lines, and the reservation line did have priority. There were a few times when we were seated immediately and there were many people waiting.

Even though you are seated with different people, after a while you do begin to see and notice those people who have reservations around the same time as you and often we would strike up conversations with those folks. :D

Even though you are seated with different people...

Just wanted to expand on this for people who may not know this - you can ask for a table for just your party, 2 or 4 people, whatever; this may take a little longer. If you are willing to share a table (sit with others whom you don't know - yet!), you can usually be seated right away. Seems private tables are a little harder to come by, especially at peak times. Just wanted to offer that up.

We have had some wonderful dinner companions each night by requesting to join others. It's great. :)