presently on Crystal Setenity

Caroldoll

My wife and I are long time Crystal Serenity customers. We have done many world cruises on her and she has always been our favorite ship.

Service and food have been the top draws. The cabins are small by modern standards, but quite livable nonetheless.

The big drawback has been Crystal's move to port-port-port itineraries. We are interested in long haul cruising, but that may be passé.

So we are trying O on a Riviera crossing.

What is all the complaint about O about? We are tired about the complaining about Crystal among Crystal customers. Maybe this is part of the generalized anger evident in US politics. Hmm...

On every board there are a few posters who are such dedicated fans of their preferred cruise line that they find it hard to tolerate any criticism at all. They will defend the indefensible, look the other way at problems and come charging at anyone who dares to have a different opinion. We are all entitled to think and say what we want. My advice is to just ignore those who are so closed minded and continue to express our own opinions, both positive and negative.

On every board there are a few posters who are such dedicated fans of their preferred cruise line that they find it hard to tolerate any criticism at all. They will defend the indefensible, look the other way at problems and come charging at anyone who dares to have a different opinion. We are all entitled to think and say what we want. My advice is to just ignore those who are so closed minded and continue to express our own opinions, both positive and negative.

And then there is another group that is quick to pounce on those with positive comments and roll out the dreaded word - "cheerleader."

And made nice comments. LOL I come out of any cabin I book and I am friendly. I am not a cheerleader for any line..in fact next year will be on 3 Different ones. Each cruise line has good points and bad points. That is the truth. At least when you hear from me..it is the truth...and my opinion only. It must be miserable to be "sour" all the time.😥

Thanks for posting. I always appreciate reading about differences between cruise lines and am open to new experiences --- which is why we are cruising O instead of our usual mass market cruise line.

Enjoy your cruise!

According to Caroldoll (presently on Crystal Serenity), "They have upgraded the ship so it is elegant. THE service surpasses Oceania in every way although I miss my really wonderful Butler Pritam. They have created another really dining attraction. The fact that you must make reservations is slightly inconvenient. The included liquor is really nice as you don't have to drag out a card. The entertainment and speakers is far and away over the top wonderful and you do not have to wait until 9:30 to enjoy it. Most of all shortened or cancelled and their cruises are not just 10 days as a lot of Oceanias are. They do provide shuttles. The guests seem way friendlier. The suites are much smaller..."

What part of her statement is "Way too formal and proper...and a bit pretentious"??

My, the burden of having to "drag out a card" when buying a drink! Oh, the horror of it all! Making reservations - SO inconvenient!!! Guests are WAY friendlier! Those nasty peasants on O!!!

LOL Yeah, I see why another poster saw this as kind of pretentious. Our experience has been that the O pax are pretty friendly. Not all of them, as is apparently the case on Crystal. But most. It singes me to have the entire complement of passengers dismissed as unfriendly.

I respect Caroldoll's experience and she has every right to express her negative opinions. BUT that does not oblige me to agree with her. I hope she has a nice bunch of future cruises in health and happiness, and uses up her reservations on O so she can enjoy the all inclusive, totally friendly lines she has now identified.

Donna

I wonder why it matters so much to some what others think about their cruise. I am very happy Carroll loved Crystal, I really disliked it. I think Oceania is just so so for the money, at the end of the day, so what.

See my previous post.