Review of RC Independence of the Seas 6-13 September 2015

Cleo1611

[/left]

That may be true of the MDR - but now that I think back, I'm sure this was in the Romeo & Juliet Room which is the lower level of the MDR, the 2nd level (MacBeth) is for MTDiners and 3rd level (King Lear) is for people who have set dining times. Romeo and Juliet is also open for breakfast during the cruise.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Let's be perfectly clear.

The MDR (levels 3,4 &5) are all CLOSED to new passengers embarking on the day of their cruise.

Those passengers that are on a B2B have access to the MDR for a special lunch that starts at 12 noon and ends at 1:00 P.M.

There is a selection of 3 appetizers and 3 entrees for lunch with apple pie ala mode for dessert.

Level 3 dining room is open for breakfast daily , with a special section for Diamond's, Diamond+ and Pinnacles.

If there are too many Diamond's on a particular cruise, this section will only be accessible to Diamond+ and Pinnacles.

Also, on sea days the MDR is open to all passengers for lunch, which includes a very special salad bar with every imaginable selection.

There is a menu for lunch selections and desserts.

Check your Cruise Compass for time and dining room level.

All I can tell you is that we had lunch on embarkation day in the dining room on RCL IOS - and while it may well have been for B2B passengers, we had just embarked and they never checked our seapass and we were welcomed. FYI as mentioned, we did the same on NCL Getaway last August 2014, and on HAL Zuiderdam last April 2014. Waiters knew we had just embarked because we had a glass of wine at each lunch and they had to take our seapass to process it.

Thanks for your review. I'm going on a 5-night on Independence in Feb. 2016.

How formal is formal night on Independence? I've been on 3-night cruises on Enchantment several times and I find its formal night to be overall slightly less than formal.

How formal is formal night on Independence? I've been on 3-night cruises on Enchantment several times and I find its formal night to be overall slightly less than formal.

yes, I would say it's about the same on IOS - some dress up a lot and others not as much - don't see as many tuxedos as we used to on formal nights. Most men wear jacket with or without ties and most women wear cocktail length dresses - not as many floor length dresses as we used to

Just got off of IOS 2 weeks ago and formal night is not as formal as it used to be. Don't get me wrong people do still dress up but I only saw 1 guy in a tux and maybe a couple of long dresses. I was with a friend that hadn't cruised for a long time and she commented on how casual formal night is now.

Just got off of IOS 2 weeks ago and formal night is not as formal as it used to be. Don't get me wrong people do still dress up but I only saw 1 guy in a tux and maybe a couple of long dresses. I was with a friend that hadn't cruised for a long time and she commented on how casual formal night is now.

I have to dress ALL the time for work and Im all for casual with nice shorts and shirts, which is how my dh dresses on NCL and DCL. Im one cruise short of Diamond on RCCL but havent sailed on this line in about 4 years.

We sail RCCL over NYE. For nights that arent formal, what are people weating in the MDR?

Also I saw a post above about the salad in the MDR on sea lunch days. I love salad how some love ice cream and chocolate. I thought this was only on Oasis class ships. So its correct I can get a salad with a bunch of different items to choose from in the MDR on sea days? So excited lol.

Did you use the gym on the Indy? Were there rowing machines and classes?

Thank you.

Enjoyed your review, thanks. We will on the IOS for the 4th time in 42 days and are looking forward to it. We are going on a 5 day cruise for the first time-all of our cruises have been 7 days or longer. Again for the first time, we have decided that we would not dress up for formal night. This will be a total relaxation and "couch potato" type of cruise for us...we plan on spending time in the solarium, at the bar and on the beaches. The only thing I will miss is breakfast on the balcony..I think they only serve danishes and not really breakfast for room service... at lest that's what we had on the Oasis earlier this year.

Enjoyed your review, thanks. We will on the IOS for the 4th time in 42 days and are looking forward to it. We are going on a 5 day cruise for the first time-all of our cruises have been 7 days or longer. Again for the first time, we have decided that we would not dress up for formal night. This will be a total relaxation and "couch potato" type of cruise for us...we plan on spending time in the solarium, at the bar and on the beaches. The only thing I will miss is breakfast on the balcony..I think they only serve danishes and not really breakfast for room service... at lest that's what we had on the Oasis earlier this year.

We had breakfast on our balcony on IOS using room service - one day we ordered just toast and bacon and coffee, and they gave us an additional plate of danishes - but didn't give us danishes (which we didn't eat) any other time we ordered room service

• 2 weeks later...
Maybe. LOL

I enjoyed most of the other musicians onboard.

I agree with you.

We were on the Sept 6th sailing and the "piano guy" was terrible. Too much talking and not enough entertainment.

Didn't seem like there was 500 kids on the ship???

• 1 month later...

hi! thank you so much for your review on the Independence of the Seas. It was comforting to me as I will be sailing this Monday Dec 14th on it. I actually am so glad that you also went to Rose Hall in Falmouth. I am about to book the all inclusive excursion there. Overall, did you feel it was worth the money? How was the beach and the food/drinks? In addition, did you have trouble getting a ride there and/or back?

Thanks so much :)

Jackie.