Third person cancellation fees

marci22

This question gets asked a lot:

What is the penalty for cancelling a 3rd or 4th after final payment?

The ticket contract http://www.royalcaribbean.com/content/en_US/pdf/CTC_Not_For_BR.pdf

notes that, "The cancellation charge policies set forth above vary for single occupancy or for the third, fourth or higher occupants in a stateroom or for groups."

I called and asked the D+ desk specifically about 3rds. She said:

If you cancel the third person in a cabin any time after final, that is before full penalty phase, (for ex, 14 days before sailing on a 5 or 7 night cruise) you will get the full fare returned to you. So you would get back fare, taxes and fees for that 3rd person.

Once you enter the full penalty phase, (within those 14 days) you will only get back taxes and fees.

The cabin would not be repriced (I asked).

hth

This question gets asked a lot:

What is the penalty for cancelling a 3rd or 4th after final payment?

The ticket contract http://www.royalcaribbean.com/content/en_US/pdf/CTC_Not_For_BR.pdf

notes that, "The cancellation charge policies set forth above vary for single occupancy or for the third, fourth or higher occupants in a stateroom or for groups."

I called and asked the D+ desk specifically about 3rds. She said:

If you cancel the third person in a cabin any time after final, that is before full penalty phase, (for ex, 14 days before sailing on a 5 or 7 night cruise) you will get the full fare returned to you. So you would get back fare, taxes and fees for that 3rd person.

Once you enter the full penalty phase, (within those 14 days) you will only get back taxes and fees.

The cabin would not be repriced (I asked).

hth

You rock! :)

• 2 months later...
If that 3rd person qualified and was booked under Resident, State, C/A or Military Discount and the other 2 are not eligible, the cabin will be repriced.

Learned the hard way:(

Of course. That's a whole different kettle of fish. They are not going to let you have a discount that no one in the cabin is eligible for.

On longer or holiday cruises the full penalty phase may be earlier. Check your individual cruise.

Correct. On Christmas or NYE cruises, the dates & cancellation amounts are:

89 to 64 Days Prior to Sailing - deposit

63 to 43 Days Prior to Sailing - 50%

42 to 22 Days Prior to Sailing - 75%

21 to 0 Days Prior to Sailing - 100%

Also, if you booked a cabin that has capacity for 3 passengers and drop to only 2, they can change your cabin assignment which DOES trigger reprice.

At least that's what they threatened me with, so I kept the 3rd person rather than pay more to be moved and repriced.

Don't know if they eventually would have compromised with me but didn't feel like fighting it out.

Essentially the E1 category is for 3 pax+, dropping to two would mean I was supposed to be in an E2 or E3 which at that point were significantly higher in price than when I booked.

Also, if you booked a cabin that has capacity for 3 passengers and drop to only 2, they can change your cabin assignment which DOES trigger reprice.

At least that's what they threatened me with, so I kept the 3rd person rather than pay more to be moved and repriced.

Don't know if they eventually would have compromised with me but didn't feel like fighting it out.

Essentially the E1 category is for 3 pax+, dropping to two would mean I was supposed to be in an E2 or E3 which at that point were significantly higher in price than when I booked.

Now THAT is horrendous. How high did you elevate your protests?