Half Moon Cay Cabana Questions

lelder1

Hi all, I just booked a cabana on HMC for the Fascination sailing on 1/16/16. I know it comes with snorkel gear (for 4 people), some floats, snacks, water and drinks but can you order adult beverages too? also, I think I read somewhere that you get priority tender boarding - is that right? Any info you have (including links to other good threads) would be appreciated. Thank you!

Go to the excursion desk as soon as you board to pick which one you want. They will ask you about snorkel gear and ask what sodas you want. If you want adult beverage you have to go to the bar. I think there were waiters coming around but I don't really remember them. You pay for the adult beverage with your s&s card. We had no. 10 and it was perfect, far enough down from the pirate bar where the music wasn't blaring, bathrooms right behind us, and seemed less crowded.

They give you chips, salsa, fruits, veggies, dip.

And yes, you get priority tendering.

It is GORGEOUS!! I would definitely do a cabana again and again.

Previous poster pretty much hit it. We like to be as far out as possible (bigger number) less crowd and people trying to walk off with your floats snorkel gear etc. Make a connection with one of the bar staff (they are from the ship) and they will more than keep you happy. We head to the excursion desk as soon as we get on the ship to get to as close to where we want to be.

We had #10 also and it was great. We could not hear the music inside, but could out on the beach. My wife said to get #11 next time, it had more shade on it. There are hammock beside the cabanas but are not for the exclusive use of the cabana so grab one early if you want one.

You get priority to be on the first tender, but the tenders hold a lot of people so you could sit a while on it waiting. I thought the early morning time was the best, not as hot as the afternoon. I don't know if there is any priority once the first tender leaves.

Here is a link to an old review (with pics) of HMC that I saved when looking for info when I booked our cabana last October. We also booked #10. Upon entering the ship when my card was inserted, alarms went off! Turns out that was a reminder to go to Excursions Desk to pick out our cabana (that was on the Glory; don't know if that happens on all ships). Main difference from then and now is the addition of Pirates Bar and the two-story cabanas. Enjoy your cabana - we did!

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1188684

Here is a link to an old review (with pics) of HMC that I saved when looking for info when I booked our cabana last October. We also booked #10. Upon entering the ship when my card was inserted, alarms went off! Turns out that was a reminder to go to Excursions Desk to pick out our cabana (that was on the Glory; don't know if that happens on all ships). Main difference from then and now is the addition of Pirates Bar and the two-story cabanas. Enjoy your cabana - we did!

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1188684

Thank you!!