Coral Princess room question

sprint180

WE just got off the Coral in Vancouver after an Alaskan cruise. We had cabin C515. Lovely large balcony, 2 chairs, footstools and large table. Room was plenty big enough and lots of closet space! The balcony is 1/2 covered (great for inclement weather). The room is just forward of mid-ship - and the main bank of elavators/stairs which made easy access to any part of the ship! We enjoyed the room!

I am not particularly fussy when it comes to cabins, but on this cruise I think, that a covered balcony is way better. The heat and humidity is very tropical.....and sitting uncovered is no fun....so I would suggest a balcony somewhere on the caribe.....and that is close to the back entrance to the aft deck.....which is amazing. Saw crocs, and monkeys and a tapir....but that so can be relentless....

If you don't mind being all the way aft, the standard veranda cabins at the aft end of Emerald deck are great. Fully covered and very spacious verandas, and some cabins have a full steel bulkhead between them, not a standard divider so they're very private. The Universe Lounge is underneath some of them but from 624 to about 704 are forward of that; we've had 708 and 711 before and didn't notice much show noise. There is extra head room in the verandas because they're built into the superstructure - check out a photo and look for the lowest level verandas, just aft of the life boats. If we're on Island or Coral we always take one of these cabins; it's a hike all the way forward or top-side but we figure we need the calorie burn. ;)

• 1 month later...

We are booked into 2 mini suites on caribe deck port side and now am worried we seem to be so far away from all services. Looking at the deck plans for our cruise date and seeing all the SOLD cabins that are midship and starboard, I'm beginning to worry that we made the wrong choice. Adult children staying in mini suite #2 and they've never cruised before....concerned we may be wasting a lot of time walking back and forth to the rooms. Looking for positive comments about a port side room on a cruise going northbound to Alaska!!! Thanks in advance for your comments!

We are booked into 2 mini suites on caribe deck port side and now am worried we seem to be so far away from all services. Looking at the deck plans for our cruise date and seeing all the SOLD cabins that are midship and starboard, I'm beginning to worry that we made the wrong choice. Adult children staying in mini suite #2 and they've never cruised before....concerned we may be wasting a lot of time walking back and forth to the rooms. Looking for positive comments about a port side room on a cruise going northbound to Alaska!!! Thanks in advance for your comments!

Unless they are physically disabled or have a condition that compels them to spend most of their time in the cabin, this should not be a problem at all. The distances are not that far (and the exercise helps offset the yummy food), and there are lots of places, indoors and outdoors, all over the ship to enjoy the scenery from many different angles.

Our first ever cruise was in the Coral through the Panama Canal. We had E724 and couldn't fault it. Lovely big covered balcony with 4 chairs. There was also a door nearby that takes you to the deck at the back of the ship. We spent a bit of time there going through the canal.

We had a mini suite cabin C222. Caribe is a good deck and we liked being in that location as we were close to the area open on the front of the ship where we spent a lot of time as we went thru the locks. We got some great photos from that area as not many people know about it!

Thanks donswife for the background info! We are fit adults thank goodness! For me it's very difficult to visualize distances from the deck plans we see on the website .... I like your point about the exercise ... As we learned from our first and only cruise experience that walking from station to station in the buffet doesn't really count as exercise - does it? Thanks again

We spent 22 days on the Coral (Vancouver to Fort Lauderdale). We had a cabin on caribe (forward) but we discovered that there is a very nice full width balcony at the aft with recliners. Great for viewing going through the Canal and perfect for reading most days. Except for the Canal day, my husband and I were often the only ones there. Great view of the wake.

You'll want to walk around during the Canal passage. It takes all day and you may want to view it from different locations. Deck 7 is also a good place to stand and its shaded. I did spend a lot of time on our balcony as well (but this was not our first Canal passage)

Enjoy your cruise.

• 1 year later...

We are just off her last week. We booked a balcony in order to reach out and touch the wall going through the Canal. I didn't do my homework because the Caribe balconies jut out and therefore ours wasn't close. Still had a blast. Found the forward doors opening out to viewing area on Deck 11. Great place to be going into the Canal. Fabulous trip.

We are considering going on the Coral Princess through the Panama Canal. A balcony is probably what we will get. Does anyone have any really great rooms or areas that they would suggest? Thanks

Vicki

Caribe deck mid aft balcony for Panama Canal cruise. We got one with an extra large deck. Great for just relaxing. :)

Enjoy your cruise.

We did the partial Panama Canal on the Coral last year. Our room was on Aloha a209 - the very first balcony with only the bridge in front of us. It was great. We chose to stay on our balcony for the first set of locks. Very great place observe the locks. I will book this cabin again!!!

• 2 weeks later...