ANOTHER Steakhouse Question

suzski

So I am considering making a reservation for the Steakhouse on the first night of my upcoming cruise. I know that a bottle of wine is complimentary on the first night...the question is this: if I have a party of eight, will will be provided more than ONE bottle?

Thanks in advance!

So I am considering making a reservation for the Steakhouse on the first night of my upcoming cruise. I know that a bottle of wine is complimentary on the first night...the question is this: if I have a party of eight, will will be provided more than ONE bottle?

Thanks in advance!

Here is what Carnival says:

"On occasion, on cruises longer than 3 days, The Steakhouse may run a promotion for guests who elect to dine there on the first and/or second night of the cruise. A complimentary bottle(s) of house selected wine will be served per table-guests may choose red or white (number of bottles will depend on the size of the party). Guests can check the ‘Fun Times’ or with the restaurant hostess to see if the promotion is running."

https://help.goccl.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1115/~/the-steakhouse

Here is what Carnival says:

"On occasion, on cruises longer than 3 days, The Steakhouse may run a promotion for guests who elect to dine there on the first and/or second night of the cruise. A complimentary bottle(s) of house selected wine will be served per table-guests may choose red or white (number of bottles will depend on the size of the party). Guests can check the ‘Fun Times’ or with the restaurant hostess to see if the promotion is running."

https://help.goccl.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1115/~/the-steakhouse

You would think they would specify the number of bottles for say a party of 6.

Thanks in advance!

We were three couples traveling together, in different cabins. We made separate reservations for the first night because each couple wanted a bottle of wine. Upon checking in at the steakhouse, we let the the hostess know that we'd like to be seated together. We were, and we received one bottle per couple.

Have a great cruise.

We were three couples traveling together, in different cabins. We made separate reservations for the first night because each couple wanted a bottle of wine. Upon checking in at the steakhouse, we let the the hostess know that we'd like to be seated together. We were, and we received one bottle per couple.

Have a great cruise.

That is how we have done it in the past but if they do not have a table for 6 available could have a problem.

Speaking of the free wine, are either of the wines at least semi-sweet or are both dry? Since we don't like dry wine, it would be a waste for us to go on the first night. If so, might as well wait to go a different night instead. Thanks.

They are both dry. Thinking it was a chardonnay or chenin blanc and we both didnt care for it. You can buy something else there the first night for half price I believe.

Say hi to Morgan for us:):)

Speaking of the free wine, are either of the wines at least semi-sweet or are both dry? Since we don't like dry wine, it would be a waste for us to go on the first night. If so, might as well wait to go a different night instead. Thanks.

Same here...

Also when you go on the first night, do you miss the Welcome Aboard show?

It all depends on when the Welcome Aboard show is. On our first two cruises the Welcome Aboard show was at 10:30 and with a steakhouse reservation at 8 we did not miss the show.

This summer in Alaska, the welcome aboard show was at 9:30 and we would have been about 15 minutes late for it, so we skipped it.

Hiya Delta, good to see you are still cruising and whooping it up. IMO, the 1st night in the steakhouse is the most crowded - so is the cheapo wine worth it?

If you can have a more relaxed evening dining in the steakhouse mid cruise you might want to consider any sea day. This way, you can have an easy day out and about on the ship, and then a fantastic dinner. No stress or getting tired from traveling to the port on embarkation or being out on excursions in port.

Bob

Hiya Delta, good to see you are still cruising and whooping it up. IMO, the 1st night in the steakhouse is the most crowded - so is the cheapo wine worth it?

If you can have a more relaxed evening dining in the steakhouse mid cruise you might want to consider any sea day. This way, you can have an easy day out and about on the ship, and then a fantastic dinner. No stress or getting tired from traveling to the port on embarkation or being out on excursions in port.

Bob

Hi Bob, Glad to see you, too. Yes, if the first night is crowded, that is not worth it. We'll probably take a bottle of wine on board in our carry on and just enjoy it on our balcony at various times of the week. We generally don't even have wine with dinner, so why be enticed by the word; FREE. LOL

The other thing is that I really like meeting our wait staff on that first night in the main dining room. Thanks everyone for the input. Happy to hear from two old cruise buddies; lovemygrandkids, and evandbob.

I guess we have been very lucky because we have gone on the first night for years and it was never crowded. We have done the Steak house on the Glory, Dream several times, both in Pt Canaveral and in NOLA as well as Liberty and I think a couple of others.

Our reservations were always at 7 and maybe that made a difference, but never was it crowded. As a matter of fact on Dream in July, it was almost empty.

Also remember although MDR has wear what you wore to get on the ship, the Steakhouse won't let you in with shorts or tees because you didn't get your luggage yet.

We always go the first night, and on the Pride we were able to go the way we were dressed when we boarded. No issues. Also, we bought wine at 50% off because we don't like the free wine. :D

We are booked the first night in the Steakhouse and do not drink dry wine.

I've seen it mentioned before, even in this thread, that they offer any other bottle (not free) for 50% off.

Can anyone verify this from experience?

Thanks in advance.

The wines were dry. I don't like dry wine so my husband chose the red and I purchased a bottle of Moscato for 50% off. That was delicious!

We always go the first night, and on the Pride we were able to go the way we were dressed when we boarded. No issues. Also, we bought wine at 50% off because we don't like the free wine. :D

We also went the first night on the Pride. The steakhouse wasn't crowded and we did wear the clothes we boarded in. We were not impressed with our dinner and wouldn't do it again. That's just us though.....